Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm about to ask what may be a dumb question but that's never stopped me before! I'm getting the timing belt done this week on my 166 2.0 V6 and I'm assuming the battery will have to be disconnected at some stage of the job. Will I need to input the ICS code to get the system running again when the battery's reconnected? I have just bought the car - it's an import ex-Italy - and can't find anything that looks like the ICS code written down anywhere. And I've seen from various threads that finding out what it is can be problematic.

Any guidance on point gratefully received.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Yes if batt is disconnected you'll need the ics code. The code can be obtained from the serial number on the side of the ics.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thks for that scottyf - in anticipation that you're right, I had the head unit removed today and recorded the Becker unit and serial number. Cost me 20 Bulgarian leva (= GBP8.50 at the minute) at a car audio place and I think money well spent.

Reactions: Mufasa

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Yes if batt is disconnected you'll need the ics code. The code can be obtained from the serial number on the side of the ics.
Just for reference my understanding is the 2569 model you can use the ICS calculator,
the 2580 you cannot?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what you mean by the ICS calculator - what I used was the bloke who goes by the name Zulus and who's in Belarus and who's been kindly - and gratis - providing the codes to all and sundry who supply the model number (ie 2569 in my case) and the serial number of the unit. He's active on the big thread on point.
As it happens, I had my timing belt changed yesterday but no need for the code Zulus provided. They didn't disconnect the battery and ICS was working fine when I collected the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts