Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Last week I acquired my first ever Alfa Romeo which is a 166 2.4 10v JTD from the year of 2005. The car itself is in quite good condition, but the ICS doesn't seem to work. To be precise, the entire unit behind the screen is simply missing. I literally found a big hole when I removed the front side of the ICS. Fortunately, a friend of mine has a fully functioning ICS in mint condition with all the codes and he is nice enough to sell it for me at a very friendly price. The problem is that I have a face lift model with a multi function steering wheel while the other unit comes from a 1999 pre-face lift model. Although both of the cars are diesels, I'm a bit concerned I can use the older ICS in my newer 166, so I have the following questions:

01) Can I put an ICS from 1999 car in my 2005 at all?
02) If yes, is there any special detail I need to look for?
03) If yes, will the radio control buttons on my steering wheel work?

Any useful information in the question would be greatly appreciated.

- Mark

·
Registered
486 Posts
Radio control should work because buttons on the steering wheel was an option even on the pre-FL 166. It’s unusual though.

I’ve also read that you can replace the old preFL steering wheel with the new one with buttons and hook it up to the ICS and the buttons will work. (At least volume etc.. but not sure about SRC.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radio control should work because buttons on the steering wheel was an option even on the pre-FL 166. It’s unusual though.

I’ve also read that you can replace the old preFL steering wheel with the new one with buttons and hook it up to the ICS and the buttons will work. (At least volume etc.. but not sure about SRC.)
According to my previous experiences, most of the later pre-facelift models (02-03) came with multi-function steering wheel, I just wasn't really sure the electronics fit to my newer model, so thank you for the info, knowing that I can use the older ICS saves me a lot of time in my case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts