Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been changed. I've seen a lot of complaints about it, choppy, laggy etc, but I've not noticed these things. Seems very smooth to me.
The amoled screen is being used to the max now - I always found it a bit underwhelming, but it looks much better now!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I done it through Kies. Did you mention you're on the I9100P?

Mail is much better looking too. And the google mail app finally has some usability to it!

·
Registered
419 Posts
it's a GT- I9100P don't know if it makes a difference.

I don't use the mail app. Just now i'm running the hotmail, gmail and yahoo apps. Would prob be better with just one

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can set those accounts up in the native mail app I believe. Although, the hotmail app is nice, and I do use it.
I think the P was the later build of the phone with the NFC chip inside, which the earlier models don't have, I believe the NFC phones will get their update later. ICS has been available on o2 via kies since the 14th though, so you never know, you may be able to get it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Spoke with o2 online and they checked my model number. Not available for me yet :(

It does have a NFC chip butt never had a chance too see what it can do

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, you won't as no one really uses it yet. Plus there's no provision for it in gingerbread.
I did notice in the ics PayPal app there is an NFC option. Which could be cool since the tech is starting to roll out into shops and many high street names are starting to use PayPal.

D

·
0 Posts
My Sony neo has just been updated to 4.0.2.A.0.62 build, lots of nice add on's, 3D camera and video plus screen shot photography. The huge downside is that they have built in a patch to prevent rooting!!!! ICS update is due end of may.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Finally have choc ice installed. Had it about a week. Quite like the subtle changes. My gripe with the lock screen is gone as the dots are smaller, recently used apps is good as it's not limited to 6 and you can swipe away ones you don't want.

Not so keen on the pop up list menu you get at the home screen. Prefered the 4 box grid of the old one but I suppose it's better with the extra options.
Wish they would add a short cut in the notifications to switch better wifi and tethering or even a widget.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Does anyone here use an alternative launcher to the stock One? I've tried a few out but icons never seem to line up just right.

Not sure if this should be here or in the android apps thread.

Apex and nova seem god but not perfect. I want seamless home screen rotation!

Icons keep getting clipped or hidden.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts