Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Looks nice Paddy. Paddle gearchange-yum.
Might need a few days training as to how to use all the functionality!

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Is that price for road tax correct? €1200 per year:wow:
The highest level is €2350 AFAIK under the CO2 based system.
So please no crying about your top rate of £475 RFL!!!:p

·
Administrator
87,325 Posts

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
In a masochistic sense Dave???:p

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is that price for road tax correct? €1200 per year:wow:
I actually thought that was suprisingly cheap :) It must just nudge under the top rate of €2350.

It's also the reason the car is so cheap (by Irish standards). Not many people want to pay that kind of tax. Lovely motor though.

No cars qualify for zero tax. I think the lowest rate is about €200 for a Nissan Leaf or Prius or whatever.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually thought that was suprisingly cheap :) It must just nudge under the top rate of €2350.

It's also the reason the car is so cheap (by Irish standards). Not many people want to pay that kind of tax. Lovely motor though.

No cars qualify for zero tax. I think the lowest rate is about €200 for a Nissan Leaf or Prius or whatever.
Vintage is around €55 I believe.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Close Paddy: €56 for over 30 years old and emissions based road tax starts at €120 per year

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks like a lovely jag and a lot of car for the money. But please, less talk about the mad tax rates here! Just got the renewal notice for the GTA :cry: you know it's coming but it still hurts when you see it!

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like a lovely jag and a lot of car for the money. But please, less talk about the mad tax rates here! Just got the renewal notice for the GTA :cry: you know it's coming but it still hurts when you see it!
It is a lovely motor but, with the road duty (see what I did there?), the only way it would be justifiable would be to replace both the Alfa and Volvo. Although we don't really need two cars, I'm not ready to give up the GT.

I feel your pain Joey boy.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Just do the man maths and move on!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts