Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am after putting some new wheels on my 156 V6 i would love to get 18inch multi spokes, i had some 17inch on my 156 2.0 and they rubbed really badly..... any ideas and advice.

Cheers

·
Registered
404 Posts
....was it rubbing on the front as in bottoming out or on full lock, or both...and the back, was it scuffing the inside wing liner or the wheelarch. ?

:confused: Seems strange as I have 8J x 18" Toora's on with 235/40 profile tyres, 35mm Offset and also factory lowered suspension and all is fine.

I know if I had a full boot and 2 in the back it would probably bottom out but I never go to that extreme.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front never really rubbed, it was always the back when i would corner hard or hit a slight bump in the road.. it was just hitting the inner arch and i presume something above that.. So you reckon that they will be fine.. do you have any pics of your wheels.

Cheers

·
Registered
610 Posts
I just put GTA alloys on my 156 V6, 17 x 225 x 45. I have about 10mm clearance on the front upright and about 10mm and i would be hitting the rear spring. I have really run out of space there. I honestly dont think you could go bigger. No expert though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Here you go, 8J x 18", Offset 35mm and 235/40 Series Tyres.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
The rub could have been from duff dampers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts