Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After nearly 3 and a half years of ownership, I had recently been considering changing for something newer.

It was only after talking to someone on my course that I realised that I might still be in love with it.

He was very complimentary on it's looks and went on to question me on it's reliability (that age old Alfa nugget, eh?), so I reeled off the stuff that has gone wrong with it: New battery, New offside window regulator, New PAS reservoir and subsequent work due to a previous mechanic not laying the power steering cables correctly (possibly following a service).

And that's it! It has not once broken down; has taken myself, family and friends to far ends of the country and back, without missing a beat (laughing at the beemers and vauxhalls on the hard shoulder) and it's done it in style and with comfort.

When I went to Birmingham last summer on a Jolly Boys outing, one of the gang was a 6'7, 20 stone rugby player - he actually complimented the car for it's room in the back and when I asked about how cabin noise and ride compared to their cars (beemer, toyota and ford) they all gave a very positive review.

I'm now almost 6 weeks into a course, driving from Preston to Liverpool and back every day and again, 1600 miles later, I cant fault it -apart from the fuel consumption (which hovers about 40mpg) - but stand still traffic will obviously be having an impact on that.

So, what do I do?

I love the looks, the comfort, the practicality and the reliability. It has niggles that I know that I can fix up cheaper than they appear (outside temp sensor and menu button not working). However, I cant help but have that mentality whereby "the grass is always greener..."

HELP!!!!

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
I would guess that testing showed they needed more engine cooling so they had to add the big grill for larger air intake capability.

·
Registered
36,783 Posts
That is the brand identity rather than air intake as this will all be from the lower opening. It's your premiumness.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
disappointed - the original concept was a true looker! (imo, of course). Seems like the brand frontage has lost them at least one potential customer!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts