Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My employer has been purchasing a large number of various Fiat Group products for a few years now and a resulting staff benefit was that we could get a modest discount on private purchases for ourselves and family. A new contract has just been agreed and the discount has been increased so we now get offered the same 'trade price' as the company, :).

More out of curiosity than anything, I wandered into Western in Edinburgh the other day and got them to run a few figures through the system. The long and the short of it is that I went back today and left them a holding deposit. So, on the 1st of March, I'll be leaving behind the 'black stuff' and embracing Turbo Benzina iniezione when I wave goodbye to my 56-plate 2.4 Sportwagon Lusso and drive off in a 10-plate 1750 Sportwagon Ti, :thumbs:. The 'cracking' discount combined with the much lower APR being offered now on the finance compared with when I bought the JTDm means that after a 10% down-payment, I keep paying the same (well, less than £1 more) monthly instalments as now (only for a bit longer, :rolleyes:) and I'm in a brand-new car instead of one that's already turned 3 years old - so a bit of a 'no brainer' really, :D.

The exact 'spec' of the car is not yet set in stone. I really wanted Alfa Red with either natural or black interior but those combinations are rarer than an honest MP at the moment apparently and a factory order has a 16 week lead-time. So if one can't be sourced in the next 4 weeks from stock already in the UK, it'll be the Carbonio Black with black interior that they already have in the showroom.

I'm getting so excited already (my first brand-new car ever), I don't think I'll be able to sleep for the next 5 weeks, :lol:.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Ti with a petrol engine = cool:cool:

N

·
0 Posts
Oh good choice sir! TBi is the future. :thumbs:

Test drove one of those in Black in Cannes.
It was the biz. :D

(I also found out today that I could have had the sport chassis
from the Ti on mine as a €250 option but it wasn't
on the list so I didn't know it was available. :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Ti with a petrol engine = cool:cool:
Hahah you diseasel hater SR :p

Congrats romeoraider. you can't beat that antisipation feeling when you're waiting for a new car! Well I hope the right colour combo spec turns up for you. Just out of interest if you did take the showroom model, does it have more toys, as they sometimes load them on?

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Bravo , :cool: No more dark matter:thumbs: Oh damn I was so looking forward to freezing my bo*****s off on top of a proper Alp instead of a punny Pyrennean hill:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
.......Just out of interest if you did take the showroom model, does it have more toys, as they sometimes load them on?
Not this time, no extras other than folding mirrors - it's not even got roof-rails which is fine as my current one doesn't either so I won't need to get new mounts for the box, :D.

Congrats romeoraider pity you won't have it for the Allams event
I know, but at least the 'old girl' will be going out on a high - just so long as my reversing neighbours don't attack it again in the meantime, :eek: I'm thinking that maybe I should make some urgent purchases from here : Marine Fenders International - Foam-Filled Marine Fenders - Ship Technology :p

Bravo , :cool: No more dark matter:thumbs: Oh damn I was so looking forward to freezing my bo*****s off on top of a proper Alp instead of a punny Pyrennean hill:lol:
You never know Andrew, it could be 'arranged' - after all, the TBi unit is still to prove itself in the reliabillity stakes of the real world, :rolleyes: :lol:.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts