Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...he was telling me a few bits of interesting information.

I was at the dealers today to get a warranty repair done on the wifes Punto and while I was waiting I got chatting to the Alfa sales man. He was at the Balocco track to drive the new Q-matic 159 and Brera and spotted (well he heard initially) a 159 driving around another section of the track. He said it sounded amazing and also noticed the large air vents cut into the front bumper. He quizzed the Alfa guys and they wouldn't tell him what it was (they would only say it was a 159 and it was a diesel). He reckons by the noise it had to be a V8.

Secondly while driving the Brera down the straight doing "over 200 kmh" he was passed by a heavily disguised Fiat Panda :eek: He reckons it must have been a test mule for one of the new turbo engines.

Lastly, following on from the 169 prototype photos, he also said the 169 would be out by the end of 2008.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Awesome, we'll have THAT engine in the 4C please Alfa.

*Ghosty grins at all the Brera Owners he's gonna OWN*

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
V8 diesel, now that sounds exciting think of the torque in that beast!! especially straped in a Brera:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I reckon they were lying about it being a diesel. They were trying to fob off questions about what was really under the bonnet.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Got to have been a 159 GTA ???

@ GhostyDog... you wish monkey boy !! :p

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Well there's something exciting in the pipeline.Keep your eyes peeled in auto express.:)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Got to have been a 159 GTA ???

@ GhostyDog... you wish monkey boy !! :p
I meant the one in the panda, could be the 230bhp 1.8T that's being touted. Wonder what the power to weight ratio would be on the punto platform, especially if Alfa really tired hard to keep the weight down.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I also heard about the next instalement in the tractor saga to be a 3 litre diesel engine(posibly a developement from the 2.4 JTD).
Also,169 NEEDS a big V8 Diesel engine to succeed in Europe.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also heard about the next instalement in the tractor saga to be a 3 litre diesel engine(posibly a developement from the 2.4 JTD).
Also,169 NEEDS a big V8 Diesel engine to succeed in Europe.
Next diesel is suppoosed to be a 250 bhp 3 litre V6. I doubt it would be a development of the 2.4 (in-line 5).

M

·
0 Posts
It could be a V6 diesel. This year I think Alfa was really wanting to push the boat out with the 159

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
Jon, just one thing. You ACTUALLY BELIEVED what an Alfa sales rep told you ??????????????????????????????????????????? :eek: :rolleyes:

Mad I tell thee. Mad. Lost thine plot he has. :tut:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Glad you're not bitter tho dude !! :p

:lol:

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jon, just one thing. You ACTUALLY BELIEVED what an Alfa sales rep told you ??????????????????????????????????????????? :eek: :rolleyes:

Mad I tell thee. Mad. Lost thine plot he has. :tut:
:lol: Yes I might just be mad.

I've no reason to doubt the guy as he's no pimply youth and seems fairly sensible. It was good to see an Alfa salesman who is actually interested in the product he is selling and seemed very knowledgable and up to date with the current rumours and speculation.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts