Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p Well theres only so much tea you can drink,so I left the office and had a rummage about in our workshop today as part of my GTV master plan :lol:

:D Having dumped the troublesome EGR system recently,I decided to knock up a catch tank for the crankcase breather to further eliminate sources of muck being blown through the induction side.

:cool: Only cost me a fiver for the wee filter on top,the rest is made from ali capacitor casings with stainless fixings and OE Alfa bits.........only disappointment was that the ali never polished up very well so it got a coat of hammerite instead.Looks better than the old Sprite bottle I've been running with recently as a trial.......

;) As the last pic shows,all this tinkering means I have no time to polish the car........ah well,maybe tomorrow if there's nowt better to do :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
Nice setup.
What made you discard the OEM setup?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
;) Jozza,the catch tank was inspired by the removal of the EGR system which had been causing severe idle problems due to a malfunctioning valve.Since the removal of this system all is fine.
:D The catch tank is just another means of keeping the induction charge clean,the PCV valve is still in place though as it seems to be behaving itself and I suppose I should be burning off at least some of the crankcase vapours.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Air in

:p Well theres only so much tea you can drink,so I left the office and had a rummage about in our workshop today as part of my GTV master plan :lol:

:D Having dumped the troublesome EGR system recently,I decided to knock up a catch tank for the crankcase breather to further eliminate sources of muck being blown through the induction side.

:cool: Only cost me a fiver for the wee filter on top,the rest is made from ali capacitor casings with stainless fixings and OE Alfa bits.........only disappointment was that the ali never polished up very well so it got a coat of hammerite instead.Looks better than the old Sprite bottle I've been running with recently as a trial.......

;) As the last pic shows,all this tinkering means I have no time to polish the car........ah well,maybe tomorrow if there's nowt better to do :rolleyes:
I thought that pipe sucked air in to the crankcase

1 - 6 of 6 Posts