Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking and super pic in the recent thread about him selling his car! Ive decided i would love a front and rear splitter and sides..................

Is this gonna happen or just try hunting for gold dust!

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
novitec ones are very good. not had any real clearance issues either

Attachments

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
After looking and super pic in the recent thread about him selling his car! Ive decided i would love a front and rear splitter and sides..................

Is this gonna happen or just try hunting for gold dust!
Yep, this was a mission I achieved by accident. There was a 166 on Ebay a few months ago. It was being advertised for its mirrors. I noticed it was in a breakers yard as it had another car sitting on top of it. I also noticed it had the Zender bodykit fitted to it. Unfortunately the boot spoiler had gone and the front spoiler was lost as the car had been front-ended. I bought the side skirts and rear bumper valance for £100 inc delivery and managed to get a Zender boot spoiler for just £20 about a month later by asking someone who was breaking a couple of 166s. Anyway, after searching high and low for a Zender front spoiler, I decided that it wasn't going to happen and settled for a Novitec one (like the one shown above). My mate is currently painting it all for me and should be fitted fairly soon!

I always wanted a 166 with the Zender bodykit but there were none about last June when I bought my car. Typically, not long after, one or two surfaced but that's the way it goes.

In conclusion, unless you are really lucky, you won't get the Zender stuff. If it was new it would cost a fortune and most 166s with Zender kits are cherished cars (as mine will be!). The Novitec stuff is good but, again, quite expensive.

Good luck in your search though - I think the 166 looks awesome with the right wheels and bodykit.

Will post some pictures when it's all done!:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
i think it was partsworld on ebay that were selling 166 zender kits (minus the front chin spoiler) for about 250....i was tempted but the missus would have had a fit :D

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aghh must have been sold!

I think if im going to put the effort in and get a front splitter for me it would have to be the the Zender one!

Anyone know of any let me know!!!! I guess ill find bit by bit and end up with a full kit soon!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Aghh must have been sold!

I think if im going to put the effort in and get a front splitter for me it would have to be the the Zender one!

Anyone know of any let me know!!!! I guess ill find bit by bit and end up with a full kit soon!
Yes, that's kind of what I did. I tried every channel to get a Zender front spoiler and I think you'll be very lucky to find one along with the rest of the kit. Without gloating, I think I was in the right place at the right time when I spotted the car in the breakers yard on Ebay which had the rest of the kit.

Strangely, there are a couple of 166s on Autotrader with various Zender bits fitted. A dark blue one with just the side skirts and a silver 2.5 V6 with just the front spoiler. I tried offering the dealer some money just for the front spoiler explaining that it looked wrong on the car and it comes off very easily, but no joy. Shows you how desperate I was getting! In the end I bit the bullet and went for the Novitec one. Should a Zender one turn up, then I'll buy it but I think it's a very long shot....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts