Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best chip/remap available for 156 2.4JTD any suggestions and arguements accepted

·
Registered
874 Posts
I got monza sport chip in my 2.4 JTD. goes like fcuk . was 140 bhp, now 185 bhp ! try www.monzasport.co.uk

Mark

·
Banned
1,802 Posts
Troll said:
I got monza sport chip in my 2.4 JTD. goes like fcuk . was 140 bhp, now 185 bhp ! try www.monzasport.co.uk

Mark
Sussex may be a bit too far. Try Angel Tuning. If you do a search on this forum you'll find loads of comment and a few happy punters to boot.

G

·
No Dosh said:
Sussex may be a bit too far. Try Angel Tuning. If you do a search on this forum you'll find loads of comment and a few happy punters to boot.
Hi chaps, as a diesel virgin, can you enlighten me as to any drawbacks with boosting the power by such a high amount? I'm amazed that Alfa don't just turn them out 'ready-chipped' so to speak. Do you have clouds of evil-smelling smoke coming out of the back when you boot it, is the longevity of the engine compromised or will the car have trouble passing the emissions test at the MOT? 180BHP is more than the new 20V MJet. Why didn't Alfa just turn out a remapped version of the existing engine? I know there are generally little tweaks available for any engine which will give advantages over a straight-from-the-factory car, but these gains seem incredibly large and no, I'm not disputing your figures! Cheers. ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
squeeler said:
Best chip/remap available for 156 2.4JTD any suggestions and arguements accepted
Thanks for your help so far... visited both monza web site and angel tuning web site... so the conundrum (sp*) is .... rechip OR remap hmmmm price isnt an issue and my warranty is due to run out in 20 days so not too bothered about changing bits either. ok over to you guys

·
Registered
128 Posts
be warned! i changed my 3.0 gtv cup for the jtd and got it re-mapped by red-dot racing in london. they use the millenium tuning box which is used by most. the figures are 200bhp and 299lb. i had this done in november the car was brand new in september. so far i have had a clutch and flywheel go up the spout. I got the car back on thursday and already i have a major rumbling noise coming from the gearbox when i put my foot down below 2000 rpm. sounds like the gearbox wants to come loose and scoot down the road! if you go for the remap i suggest saying no to the 200bhp option and opting for a lesser state of tune. this of course is my personal experience, others may have had no grief at all!
on the upside, on the motor way, my friend in his 147gta gets destroyed by me in 5th. he has to change into 4th to keep up! the pace is really astonishing. keeps up through the gears with 3.0 gtv's(i know because my father has one and we have raced!)
i also average a combined 43mpg. before the tune it was around 38mpg. the car has now done 11500 miles since september.
one last thing, upgrade the brakes! you will be stopping from much higher speeds.
also got the jtd lowered last week. looks mint and drives better!

·
Banned
1,802 Posts
I wouldn't go above 180BHP myself.

Mines got a PSi Powerchip from East Coast Racing. At the MOT the emmissions were so low they tested it twice. You get a puff of white smoke if you bury the throttle, but it is just a puff, no constant stream of James Bond style smoke screen.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all...... had long conversation with Angel tuning and i am going for the 195 bhp remap then get some other mods such as brakes etc to match...they seem to really know their alfas there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts