Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i really want a 3 litre GTV but will have to make do with my TS for now, does anyone on here have any knowledge on whether the products on e bay, that are supposed to increase bhp, actually work?
Looking forward to your opinions

Nik

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
...does anyone on here have any knowledge on whether the products on e bay, that are supposed to increase bhp, actually work?
They won't.

and I can't believe that people still fall for them... :rolleyes:

J

·
0 Posts
if you really wanted to make a TS go faster then the first thing i would do is give it a good service....

Then deal with breathing, a BMC CDA or something similar will help....

Then exhaust...there are literally loads of options, personally i would go alfaholicas system.

then i would look at chipping the ECU

all of this may gain you about 20bhp in real terms, it will make the car feel more lively though and 170 bhp from a TS would be good going.....but i bet there would be little change from £1500 :eek:

from there i suppose you are looking at porting and polishing as well as bottom end work in order to get more power out of it...and that is all mega bucks

·
Registered
187 Posts
you need to go for proper engine modifications to get a proper increase

these cheap mods like boost valves do naff all

to add onto jays informative post, lighten and balance the flywheel as well

after all this, get it rolling roaded to set it up properly

R

·
0 Posts
Lose some weight then Fatbob! (off your car)

Which Ebay gizmo did you have in mind? All most do, if anything, is raise the rev limit slightly. How often do you plan to bounce off the rev limiter?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Some 10 to 15 HP is possible with sport exhaust, good air filter and cold air intake and ofcourse a remap. That will cost you from 500 to 1500 pounds, it depends what you buy and who will fitted for you (yourself or some mechanic shop)

For serious power there are lot of options, NA tuning with wild cams and headwork etc... or fiting a turbo, or maybe a supercharger. Here the prices are more of a 5000 pounds and up.

I say, wait some time and save money then buy a 3.0.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL rewe6a!
Thanx all for saving me from wasting my money, i think, Alan, your right, i'll bide my time and the wait for the Cup i've always wanted.

FatBob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts