Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday night i was driving home when a bmw 5-series appeared out of nowhere behind me and drove up my backside for a while in a 30mph zone. thinking (and hoping) it might've been some 'orrible estate agent in a 520, i got to the 60mph sign, dropped it into 2nd and floored it. for a few seconds i raced off into the lead but then he put his foot down and simply flew past me, totally blew me into the weeds. it was dark so didn't see his badge but he had the double tailpipe so it was anything from a 525d (unlikely, way too fast) to a 535d or 540i

so anyway, i'm starting to get some real urges to get a faster car. part of me says get a 20v 2.4jtd and get it mapped silly, but another part of me still hankers for a 156 GTA, even thought that means getting an older car than mine

so whaddaya reckon folks? inspire me!!!

D

·
0 Posts
V6 laugh in the face of recession I know I'll have a V6 by this time next year. Def a 535D or 530 D there weapons.

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
Al, a far more convenient solution would be if everyone bought a car that's slower than yours. Why should you go through the hassle? Make them downgrade :)

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Don't forget the turbo whistle thing you attach to your exhaust Al - thats gotta be worth a fair few horse power!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Just get some go-faster stripes. :)
And remember that no matter what you drive, there will nearly always be someone a little bit faster. :)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
If you get a faster car you'll just want to go faster.
Less safe, More money, more petrol, more points!:tut:

Right! Now that the PC's have gone I can tell you the truth.
Get that GTA kick their asses:D

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
another part of me still hankers for a 156 GTA, even thought that means getting an older car than mine
MiTo GTA. go to your dealer and put down a deposit...NOW! :cool:

:)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Yeah I know the feeling, when one night I tried to get away from a Golf GT which just stuck on the backside of my car.
It wasn't very easy, I had to reach 150 km/h to start getting away from it.
Since then I started thinking of a remap.
Unfortunatly in Cyprus the dealer doesn't even know what a "remap" is...
But, always have in mind this: Always there will be someone who is faster than you... you can avoid it

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Well you need a V6 to start with ! Any V6 !

Your not going to get anywhere with the 2.0 L !!

When people want to race me in my car I dont bother unless I know exactly what sort of car they have.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
yesterday night i was driving home when a bmw 5-series appeared out of nowhere behind me and drove up my backside for a while in a 30mph zone. thinking (and hoping) it might've been some 'orrible estate agent in a 520, i got to the 60mph sign, dropped it into 2nd and floored it. for a few seconds i raced off into the lead but then he put his foot down and simply flew past me, totally blew me into the weeds. it was dark so didn't see his badge but he had the double tailpipe so it was anything from a 525d (unlikely, way too fast) to a 535d or 540i

so anyway, i'm starting to get some real urges to get a faster car. part of me says get a 20v 2.4jtd and get it mapped silly, but another part of me still hankers for a 156 GTA, even thought that means getting an older car than mine

so whaddaya reckon folks? inspire me!!!

Much as it upsets me to say so Al ,a GTA is no match for a sorted 20v oil guzzler.:)
We can have far more torque out of em that they can cope with,whilst the poor v6 great as it was in its 12v form in 1980 is soooo far behind the opposition now!!!!:(

let the war commence.:rant:

1 - 20 of 144 Posts