Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, it all in the title.......

Part exchanged my 147 2.0 Twin Spark 2 years ago for a Japanese import Subaru Legacy GT-B. Love the GT-B, however I can't stop thinking about a 147 GTA. I won't be happy until I get my hands on one!

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
mwillicombe said:
Hi everyone, it all in the title.......
Part exchanged my 147 2.0 Twin Spark 2 years ago for a Japanese import Subaru Legacy GT-B. Love the GT-B, however I can't stop thinking about a 147 GTA. I won't be happy until I get my hands on one!
Do it !!.... you wont be disapointed ;) :D

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and welcome !! :)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
The Legacy GTB is a great car with a well sorted out suspension and the best AWD system on the market. But as an ex-Impreza Sti owner, I can say that once you get 147 GTA on the brain, you will not be satisfied until you get one. It is by far the best car I have ever owned and after nearly 2 years I am still mesmorized by her - it's like being able to go out on a great first date every day of the week - buy one!!!!!::D :D :D

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
22mpg, thats whats happening! I'm doing a 100 mile on average round trip to work. So thats a qtr of a tank a day. So I now need to use a smaller engined/diesel thing, the GTA will have to go, no storage you see.
I'm not happy about it, but maybe another time.....

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Andy G said:
22mpg, thats whats happening! I'm doing a 100 mile on average round trip to work. So thats a qtr of a tank a day. So I now need to use a smaller engined/diesel thing, the GTA will have to go, no storage you see.
I'm not happy about it, but maybe another time.....
I do 2000km/month @ 130yen/liter so I really, really know what you mean! I just try not to think about it - my life is so busy and stressful right now that I figure the cost of feeding my GTA is more than offset by the indescribable joy I get each and every time I get behind the wheel :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Charlie I try, and in fact I am like that everytime I drive it. However everytime I get my credit card bill, it hits home a bit and I'm back on tera firma!
But £80 per week on petrol is quite distractive, especially when the house needs work, and according to others in the household (if you know what I mean :( ) this could be better spent elsewhere!

·
Registered
307 Posts
poor bloke, I know what you mean and that's why I now drive a 2.4 diesel instead of the 3.2 petrol I really want (hard life I know).

Years ago I had a Fiat Coupe 20v turbo and it was ace - 0-60 in 6.2 secs & 30mpg. I wonder why Alfa have never done the same sort of turbo charged engine.

·
Registered
285 Posts
wormus said:
Years ago I had a Fiat Coupe 20v turbo and it was ace - 0-60 in 6.2 secs & 30mpg. I wonder why Alfa have never done the same sort of turbo charged engine.
Well, it had - a 2.0 V6 Turbo that is in the GTV and the 164. But the fuel consumption is awfull!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Andy G said:
Charlie I try, and in fact I am like that everytime I drive it. However everytime I get my credit card bill, it hits home a bit and I'm back on tera firma!
But £80 per week on petrol is quite distractive, especially when the house needs work, and according to others in the household (if you know what I mean :( ) this could be better spent elsewhere!
Actually, I think this is the achillles heel of the GTA engine - it is an AMAZING bit of kit - sounds, looks and performs great, but I think it may be a little less advanced technologically than its rivals, and as a result, has worse gas mileage - my 1997 BMW M3, a 3.2 putting out 321 hp managed 6km/lin city traffic vs. 4.5 km/l for my 2004 GTA - that was a 1997 BMW, but they were already using Twin VANOS technology (variable intake and outlet valve-timing) - I imagine the current generation does even better. Yesterday my friend let me drive his 2004 911 Turbo. Astonishingly fast, great sound - I imagined it only got 3.5 - 4km/l, but he said he averages 6 km/l. You are right - when I allow myself to be honest and really think about it, the GTA is definitely a thirsty beast... :cry:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The GTA loves a drink, but if you are like me, i find it very hard not to take it easy, i have to have the music, V6 music all the time, :D from South Wales to Donington & back is about £55/£60 :cry: & about the same on the track too,:eek: worth every penny, but we do have a 1.1 ltr Fiat to off set the fuel bills.;)
Stu:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts