Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a call saying that 2 airbags have been deployed!

In addition to getting the engine mountings changed, there was a rattle on the drivers side, Which I asked them to look at. Needless to say a few hours after dropping the car off I get told that the Seat Airbag and the Rear airbag ( by the back window) had beeen deployed.. Apparently the mechanic was tapping on the drivers door, where the lock attaches to the car and that's supposedly where the side impact sensor is...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

So now they have to get the airbag in the seat redone, and restitch, as well as replace the roof lining and airbag:mad:

The dealer will be paying for all costs incurred

I went in with a GT and drove out in a 1.2litre Palio GO:mad: Gotta love ARSA

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
At least the mechanic involved will never do that again!

You will prob need a new seat too. Take care to make sure the remedial work is done to an 'as new' standard. Stitching the seat won't be pretty.

Good luck:thumbs:
Hope it all works out and you get your car back soon.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They told me parts will be in tomorrow and should have the car back by Friday, they have to make sure its up to standard! Hoping the seat doesnt look bad

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
does that mean when someone knocks on your door, eg PC Plod or some windscreen washer types, your airbag goes off?

Does not sound right.....but you never know

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what I thought?! that means if I slam the door too hard the airbags are going to go off!?

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lucky it didnt go off whilst you where driving
Luckily It Happened while they were working on the car, no idea what the hell they were doing!
I woulda been pretty faaarked if it had happened while I was driving

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
In theory, you need to activate more than one sensor to set off the airbags, though your experience would suggest otherwise.

Could be a dodgy sensor, but we will never know. Imagine if your airbag went off driving down the road and hitting a sunken manhole cover.

Either it was dodgy, and you are lucky..... or the technician was hitting the car with a bit of gusto.!

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The first thing I said to the service manager was "well how hard was the f*%king guy hitting the car!?!?" he claims he was just tapping it gently

1 - 14 of 14 Posts