1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Just ask him to edit the last closing post in a PM or pager message. :)
Why start a thread about it AV :confused:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why close a thread using it :confused:
It not up to me to ask him to edit it, it's his choice I am just voicing my thoughts about it.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
I quoted the post as an example because that was the point at which it looked to be getting personal and that's not what we want. That thread has been close to getting locked for a while now and I have campaigned within the mod team for it to remain.
I don't know Howell, and I certainly don't judge anybody on what others say.

As Hunter says - why not a PM or pager? I would have given the same explanation.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it doesn't come across like that at all, to someone who has just taken a look at the thread (me) it looks more like you are agreeing with that statement.
I am not taking any side here and I have avoided joining in on that thread as it was obvious it was going to become personal from the very first few posts.

I have given my reason above for why I didn't PM you.

I am voicing my thoughts on it - I can do that can't I?

I believe that it should have been locked ages ago and like others on here have been more than surprised that it has been allowed to continue.
I am not questioning if you know Howell or not or what you are judging him on, I realise my first post on this thread isn't worded great as I have put 'you obviously agree'. However that is exactly how it was interpreted by me.

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
AV, I can see how you have read it the way you have - it can easily be misunderstood as Bobda looking like he is agreeing with the post he's quoted.
I do think he has actually quoted that post to say 'look, it's getting personal, it's getting closed' though.

Perhaps a re-word of the closing post might be of benefit to stop anyone else making the same misapprehension, but I think that's down to Bobda's own decision.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Well it doesn't come across like that at all, to someone who has just taken a look at the thread (me) it looks more like you are agreeing with that statement.
I am not taking any side here and I have avoided joining in on that thread as it was obvious it was going to become personal from the very first few posts.

I have given my reason above for why I didn't PM you.

I am voicing my thoughts on it - I can do that can't I?

I believe that it should have been locked ages ago and like others on here have been more than surprised that it has been allowed to continue.
I am not questioning if you know Howell or not or what you are judging him on, I realise my first post on this thread isn't worded great as I have put 'you obviously agree'. However that is exactly how it was interpreted by me.
It doesn't come across like that at all to you.
I made no infliction towards agreeing with the opinion - I was trying to prevent what could have become a very one-sided argument. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.