Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
45,953 Posts
Ah! It had a picture for me. Here is another link: SAAB ALFA FIAT GM OPEL RENAULT PEUGEOT 3.0bar FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR 0280160560 | eBay

If your regulator has a rubber hose connecting the steel pipe to the inlet manifold then you should see more than 2psi variation as you open the throttle, but the engine must be on load to see it more than momentarily. Another check would be to (carefully) pull that hose off the regulator: do you get petrol from the regulator, indicating a split diaphragm?
156 V6 doesn't have anything like this, the fuel pressure regulator is integral to the fuel pump, and its a 'returnless' system.

·
Registered
804 Posts
[QUOTE="Fady,
With the MAF disconnected the car runs like crap, misfiring badly below 3k rpm and barely picking up above that.[/QUOTE]

There must be a clue there. According to elearn your engine has no map sensor (correct?) so when you disconnect the maf it must use throttle position to estimate air flow and I assume, the lambdas for feedback, to get the mixture right. Something must be confusing that system, but what?

How are you getting on with multiecuscan? Some data should help. Best I let people with specific knowledge of the engine guide you with that...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So I finally diagnosed and fixed my car, the crankshaft position sensor was reading 1150 ohms when it should have been 900 ohms. That fixed the misfires. I also changed the MAF sensor and i had no reason to do so as I didn't have errors and the readings were within normal limits but I was getting desperate. I had full power again so It wasn't one problem but 2. At least it's fixed now and I can finally enjoy my Alfa again.

Regards,
Fady

21 - 23 of 23 Posts