Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to work today and stopped at a two lane set of traffic lights, bus to my left in a straight on and left lane and a little bit of traffic in front of me
Lights go green people in front pull away and so does the bus

What happens next...............

I pull away not rushing to work of cause, bus indicating right starts to cut me up me being of sound mind decided not to pick a fight with a bus and I put my breaks on however man in Ford mondeo was not paying attention and not leaving enough room runs into my ass

Then came the true insult

Clown: why did you slow down?
Me: because the bus was cutting me up
Clown: there was enough room if you put your foot down you have a powerful car :confused: so it was your fault :mad:

1.) bus was in the wrong lane to begin with
2.) clown not paying attention

Sorry about the quality but it gives the idea

bus is in blue
i am in red
and the clown is Brown

Poor Alfa :cry:

i know it's only a scratch or two but that is not the point
it is already being delt with by the insurance company
what do you guys think :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Exactly what Nev said! If he argues he wont have a leg to stand on so dont worry about it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
direct line have said that due to the type of the incident it wont affect my no claims and that i dont have to pay my excess

·
Registered
160 Posts
He smacked you from behind, after what he said to you, you should of smacked him in his front!

His fault tho, he should of been paying more attention, especially as a big bus was trying to turn right, he had a better view than you did!

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
direct line have said that due to the type of the incident it wont affect my no claims and that i dont have to pay my excess
Yup, that's fairly common. Good on Direct Line for suggesting it. :)

Some dopy twonk in an HGV reversed into the front of my dad at a set of traffic lights not so long ago. Did a good job of bending a Range Rover, so he must have given it some welly.

NO contest, the other insurance company paid for the repair and there were no losses of NCB on my dad's part.

:)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was wondering about getting it repaired at an alfa romeo dealer
or would you recomend people in the local area. I would like the car to be checked over just incase he hit the exhaust and shock loaded the manifold :-( please tell me if i am being anal

·
Administrator
46,102 Posts
The thing is, it's good that it won't use up any NCB, but next year when asked the question "have you havd any accidents?" he has to say yes, and will that put the premium up?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats one thing i didnt think about

so even though it wasn't my faut i will pay more

·
Administrator
46,102 Posts
:eek:
Sorry
I'm not sure that I'm right even, just putting the question out there. It wouldn't surprise me though - insurance companies, if they can't fleece you one way, they'll fleece you another...

N

·
0 Posts
I think that's right:

If you've not got a protected bonus
and you have an accident that was not your fault;
even if the other insurance pays-up, your insurer
can still up your premium the next time around.

Thieving [email protected]!!!!!!

V

·
0 Posts
Not all insurers are guilty of this sharp practice. If they do hike your premium, leave them!

N

·
0 Posts
Bobda's right.

I new someone who reported an accident
after she was driven off the road.
The only damage was a burst tyre.
So she made no claim, but she still got
whacked with a premium hike the following year!

:rolleyes:

Never give your name before asking them
your questions!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts