Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whilst searching for summit else...Story of my life...eye spies wie my little eye...ebay ad... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-166-3-0-Super-/261870550654

Summit was biting me and then penny draps...Summit not quiet wright:lol:

Only wan of 50...and looks the same as lucy 2001 spec..same colours awe aroon....Boy am I lucky.

BUTT Lucy has the Black flip keys as per spec......The keys in this photie ur pre 2000 as lacey 2000 huz Maroon flip keys as per spec and Pomeo (1999) only has was o these keys in the photie...So IF am no a merangue agin summit isnae adding up furra 2002.

Pomeo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well it's my car and how observant are you..... Not sure of the manufacture date but this was definitely registered in Feb 2002. Clearly a CF2 model though as it does not have the front CATs. In my opinion, I've had both CF2 and CF3 models, I would always go for the earlier specification. The CF3 never seemed to rev as freely as either of my CF2s. Not sure whether that is typical. What would your opinion be on CF2 v CF3 as you probably have the largest fleet on the forum?

Are there any stats on how many late registrations there were? I'll try and check from the the chassis number.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Whilst searching for summit else...Story of my life...eye spies wie my little eye...ebay ad... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-166-3-0-Super-/261870550654

Summit was biting me and then penny draps...Summit not quiet wright:lol:

Only wan of 50...and looks the same as lucy 2001 spec..same colours awe aroon....Boy am I lucky.

BUTT Lucy has the Black flip keys as per spec......The keys in this photie ur pre 2000 as lacey 2000 huz Maroon flip keys as per spec and Pomeo (1999) only has was o these keys in the photie...So IF am no a merangue agin summit isnae adding up furra 2002.

Pomeo
Pomeo,South Lanarkshires next super sleuth ?

www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvbanners/360165/p360165_b_v7_aa.jpg

:cheese:

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Re the keys I noticed that Barchetta57s 2002 Super (currently for sale in the classifieds) has the red fixed jobs too. My 2000 X reg had the maroon flip but Kens lovely green Y reg had the fixed red key. Typical Italian inconsistencies!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Spotted in on ebay and thought the same as it had the CF2 engine , in fairness though it's low mileage and looks in really good condition!

Good luck with the sale..

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well it's my car and how observant are you..... Not sure of the manufacture date but this was definitely registered in Feb 2002. Clearly a CF2 model though as it does not have the front CATs. In my opinion, I've had both CF2 and CF3 models, I would always go for the earlier specification. The CF3 never seemed to rev as freely as either of my CF2s. Not sure whether that is typical. What would your opinion be on CF2 v CF3 as you probably have the largest fleet on the forum?

Are there any stats on how many late registrations there were? I'll try and check from the the chassis number.
No really coz I never noticed missing ecu fray ra rear bank.Or the manual adjusters.I thought all supers had mem seats,sat nav dsp etc.
If running well no much between them.

Gien the state of DVLA and How many left I doubt it However see below.

Gien that an exprat said that its illegal to reg a CF2 in 2001 and after you Mustapha case.
See

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...cam-belt-slip-dead-166-now-2.html#post2434596

Pomeo,South Lanarkshires next super sleuth ?

www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvbanners/360165/p360165_b_v7_aa.jpg

:cheese:
:wow: Are ewe mocking me Mocky? I loved him as Mason Boyne BUTT after I heard the tale (Not sure how true or otherwise) on a wee boy, who was an avid Pansy Potter fan, at an airport who spotted Hagar and asked fur his autograph. wee boy left distressed when he refused.
However when the Ch Inp offered me another stint in the (el) CID after first stint cut short I told him to place it where the sun Disney shine.Conversation went from bad to worse after that as others wood stab each other in the back fur that offer.No me.
I was more a cross between Dixon of Dock Green, Taggart, Pettrocelli, DI Burke, Gary Cooper and John McLaine.
Also my all time hero Hong Kong Phooey and boy I worked wie a foo of them.

Re the keys I noticed that Barchetta57s 2002 Super (currently for sale in the classifieds) has the red fixed jobs too. My 2000 X reg had the maroon flip but Kens lovely green Y reg had the fixed red key. Typical Italian inconsistencies!
ACTUALLY Barcellona hus hit the nail oan the heid.A lot of these beasties sat in compounds and showrooms going nowhere waiting sum one to buy it BUTT as BIG JC said" Nobudy bought them noo in the furst place". Kens like Lacey Mustapha lain a while afore getting regd.
I suppose an other option is its an import.A few of them huv surfaced.Fortuantely I goat TIa sorted oot after an OU correspondence course wie Swansea.

Spotted in on ebay and thought the same as it had the CF2 engine , in fairness though it's low mileage and looks in really good condition!

Good luck with the sale..
Even my specsavers specs never saw that. Well spotted Honda man.

Guid luck to Barchello.

Pomeo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts