Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,

I saw my first ever MiTo on the road today!

It was on the Chobham Road going toward Chobham at 8.30am (I know this because the news was on).

At first, I saw bright xenon lights and a hint of Alfa grill (it was mid sweeping bend). Because I've not yet mentally logged the MiTo as a current Alfa, in the first split second I thought it was a GT. Then, as the brain said 'does not compute. Images doesn't match', I realised...MiTO!

It was black, on mainland Europe plates (white, with the blue tab at the side...Italian I guess), running on alloys (three spoke? Three horse shoe??). The rear lights were ringed in the chrome liners.

What can I say...well, it looked ok from the front, not hideous at all. It alos looked rather tall, the rear pretty if not stunning (the morning was overcase, so no nice light playing over the car).

Was chuffed to see my first one! I think there's a car test track near me that the mags use, as I often see new cars a few months before their uk launch on that road. So if you see an Autocar/AutoItalia first UK review of a black LHD MiTo soon, you heard it hear first!

Oh, and to top it all...less than three miles further on, I was passed by a Brera S in red. Swoon! :)

This is called 'a good Alfa day' :)

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
I have a 1:43 scale model of the Mito and it does look 'skinny' which is strange because it is 6" shorter than a 147 yet supposedly similar width and height. Maybe the width quoted includes the mirrors????
Mito
Length 4,063 mm (160.0 in)
Width 1,721 mm (67.8 in)
Height 1,446 mm (56.9 in)
Wheelbase 2,511 mm (98.9 in)

Alfa 147
Length 4223 mm (166.3 in)
Width 1729 mm (68.1 in)
Height 1442 mm (56.8 in)
Wheelbase 2546 mm (100.2 in)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi gang,

I saw my first ever MiTo on the road today!

It was on the Chobham Road going toward Chobham at 8.30am (I know this because the news was on).

At first, I saw bright xenon lights and a hint of Alfa grill (it was mid sweeping bend). Because I've not yet mentally logged the MiTo as a current Alfa, in the first split second I thought it was a GT. Then, as the brain said 'does not compute. Images doesn't match', I realised...MiTO!

It was black, on mainland Europe plates (white, with the blue tab at the side...Italian I guess), running on alloys (three spoke? Three horse shoe??). The rear lights were ringed in the chrome liners.

What can I say...well, it looked ok from the front, not hideous at all. It alos looked rather tall, the rear pretty if not stunning (the morning was overcase, so no nice light playing over the car).

Was chuffed to see my first one! I think there's a car test track near me that the mags use, as I often see new cars a few months before their uk launch on that road. So if you see an Autocar/AutoItalia first UK review of a black LHD MiTo soon, you heard it hear first!

Oh, and to top it all...less than three miles further on, I was passed by a Brera S in red. Swoon! :)

This is called 'a good Alfa day' :)
I saw the same one, just after 8.30 turning off the A30 near Virgina Water going towards Ascot. Black on European plates. It kind of took me by surprise, it's acutually a lot smaller than i thought it would be. Was thinking of getting one but now realise it's too small. I'll wait for the 149.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the same one, just after 8.30 turning off the A30 near Virgina Water going towards Ascot. Black on European plates. It kind of took me by surprise, it's acutually a lot smaller than i thought it would be. Was thinking of getting one but now realise it's too small. I'll wait for the 149.
yes mate! What a small world. eh?

So yep, I guess it came up the A30 from Virgina Water, then turned left into Sunningdale Highstreet which then takes you to the Chobham road, which is where I saw it albeit fleetingly. :)

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I've had a ride in one...:p :p

Alfa had a Red left hooker on display at the Oulton Park trackday and I scrounged a lift back from the Pits to the hospitality unit in it. Couldn't give much of an opinion mind as he only took me about 300 yards back to the transporter and left me to walk the rest of the way:rolleyes:

In the flesh it looks great from the side and the rear, but I'm just not sold on the front. They need to loose the chrome surrounds to the lights to reduce the visual impact of them, there is no doubt they are far too close and set too high on the nose. A mate of mine who was with me and hadn't seen anything about MiTo before felt exactly the same, so it's not something preconditioned by the spyshots. Alfa have missed a trick by not grafting the 159/Brera nose onto it.

In the drivers seat it felt pretty good, with what seemed like a lowish seating position, though in the passenger side I felt a bit 'perched' maybe the seat was set high I didn't get chance to check.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
The chrome surrounds are an option I think, but I haven't seen any photos of the colour coded surround option.
If anybody has a link that would be good..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts