Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant believe after spending £10,000 cash last year May 2007 to purchase and Alfa 147 which I kept in very good condition I am struggling to sell this car for £6,000!!! Its unbelievable and so frustrating!!!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Don't sell it then :D (to be fair the bottom really has fallen out of the second hand market, and you'd probably have got this with all cars .. unless you're selling a 1.1 Micra ...)

·
Registered
926 Posts
You want to try selling a BMW X5 3ltr mate!! Guy I know has just been offered £6K on a trade in!! and thats the best offer he's had(and the only one):cheese:

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Britain is on the brink of a reccesion, what do you expect :confused:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Like others have said mate, it's a bad marketplace for sellers and awesome one for buyers. Have you considered exporting the car to wherever you are going? it;s gotta cost less than 4K and you'll have a cool car wherever it isyour going :D

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Best to stick with it mate. Good machine the 147, and they will surface again price wise, once this little problem with finance has blown over, I feel certain.:):

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wish I could export it...Its left hand drive in Nigeria! To be honest not terribly upset about selling it for £6000 even, If I could get someone to take it off me- I would sell it fast and travel!
I've been at it since August and its really boring now! Thanks 156 Chris I have now put it on Piston Heads...Its been on ebay for close to 30days already>>>

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I regret buying my house. Got a bridged loan too and need to sell a flat or face two mortgages. What can I say? Crappy days...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Wish I could export it...Its left hand drive in Nigeria!

Nigeria ??? :confused: :confused: ... You're not going to work for a Nigerian general who needs to get his cash of the country are you??? ;)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Nigeria ??? :confused: :confused: ... You're not going to work for a Nigerian general who needs to get his cash of the country are you??? ;)
Would that be Doctor Mugambawe who has an urgent need to launder 3,000,000 US??? Small world if it is!! :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL...I wish I knew of such a General...Men like those are hardly found in Nigeria these days...Nope I am relocating to start work at an Investment Bank and enjoy the oil boom!!!...But cant sell my car!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry to hear that mate> I cant believe how unpredictable life is. This time 2006 house prices were sky-rocketing...Now its all change please!!! I have a house as well and need to re-mortgage in OCT hope everything pans out +

1 - 16 of 16 Posts