Alfa Romeo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DengKao:
<strong>Well a man s gotta do, whatta man s gotta do wink
So what are you driving now then? What kind of 147?
Good choice on the E.L. I heard of it too late. So I already ordered the 1.9 jtd 16V.
But no regrets. Got to pick her up tomorrow!

DengKao</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Indeed sometimes a man has got to do what a man has got to do! My girlfriend wasn't so pleased when I made the decission, but after an evening of romance she understood. :D

Right now I am driving a 147 1.6 distinctive with 17" inch selespeed alloys.

Wow the JTD is also great. I drove it a couple of times, because a friend of mine drives one. I really like the acceleration of the car it's awesome! Doesn't feel like a diesel to me !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
<strong>Hi Jerry!!
Good wheels - my favourites!!
What colour is Pelle Cuoio ??

BTW - isn't the 1.6 120bhp??
Cheers
Rick</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pelle Cuoio is the natural colour, I think it looks like sand colour> you know which colour i mean??

No I drive the 105 bhp right now and I like it so i decided that 105 bhp is enough for me. Cause i mainly use the car in the city and here in Holland we got speed bumps, so the acceleration from bump till bump is fine with the 105 bhp. And ofcourse fuel consumption is somewhat beter with the 105 bhp. At least I keep telling myself that!

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
@Jerry, congrats man! Those alloys are AWESOME (I have standard 15 inch Elegant alloys :( ).

@Ricks: the 1.6 is in two versions: 1.6 has 105 BHP and the 1.6 Veloce has 120 BHP wink

And yes, don't we all have that red-leather-fetish? But one day....I promise you I'll get my red-leather baby too :) !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong>Congratulations with you new bella! Great you could still order a Edizione Limitata.

Any chance we can meet her (and you) on April 26 during the international 147 meeting?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah I was already thinking about that, but it's my fathers birthday. So I am not sure. I already checked out your site. Great site BTW. But for the next meeting I will be there for sure. Great innitiative! O and I will sent you pictures of my new Bella(just learned that here) to put on your site. That is ofcourse if there's any place left on your great site. There were also some pictures of the colour I selected so I checked them out to see if i made the right decession.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jerrydebest:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
<strong>Hi Jerry!!

Cheers
Rick</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pelle Cuoio is the natural colour, I think it looks like sand colour> you know which colour i mean??

No I drive the 105 bhp right now and I like it so i decided that 105 bhp is enough for me. Cause i mainly use the car in the city and here in Holland we got speed bumps, so the acceleration from bump till bump is fine with the 105 bhp. And ofcourse fuel consumption is somewhat beter with the 105 bhp. At least I keep telling myself that!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We can only get 120 and 150 bhp 147s in the UK, that's why I was just checking!! I know the natural colour leather - my wife has it in her 145QV!! I think it will look excellent with a blue outside.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mel Bonkers:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jerrydebest:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mel Bonkers:
<strong>Jerry,

Welcome! Please tell me you ordered the red leather! :D :D :D

Veel plezier op AO.com</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, And I am sorry to say that i did not order the red leather. I didn't like the colour with the Blu Casual of my car.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jerry, so you're not the best :D Geintje!

Gefeliciteerd met de prachtige auto man! Ik zou ook zo graag een Edizione Limitata met Rode leren bekleding willen, maar helaas heb ik al een prachtige JTD Distinctive :rolleyes:

Wat is de uitrusting/motor/kleur interieur?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bedankt! enne 1 advies: ga niet naar de dealer want voor je het weet ben je aan het bellen met een financier om de deal rond te krijgen!!! En tja een JTD is toch ook wel een prachtige machine hoor. Als ik zakelijk een auto zou rijden zou ik zeker gaan voor de JTD. Wat een auto. Alleen tja voor particuliere rijders niet haalbaar. Ik rij slechts 6 tot 7000 km per jaar. dus tja

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jerrydebest:
<strong>
I had real trouble selecting the colour. Cause I think my current colour Azuro Gabbiano is the best colour for the car, but I did want to have te feeling I bought a new car, so i did not want the same colour. So I selected a colour that is rare...Do you guys think i made the right decision??</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Blu Casual is indeed a rare color in The Netherlands (I have a couple of pics on my site in that color). The combination of Blu Casual and Tan Leather is great and so are the other specs. The down side of the color is that you have to wash your bella very often (the dirt shows very quickly)

But too bad I don't have a De Best registered for the meeting yet wink

G

·
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jerrydebest:
<strong>
Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
[qb]Hi Jerry!!

Cheers

No I drive the 105 bhp right now and I like it so i decided that 105 bhp is enough for me. Cause i mainly use the car in the city and here in Holland we got speed bumps, so the acceleration from bump till bump is fine with the 105 bhp. And ofcourse fuel consumption is somewhat beter with the 105 bhp. At least I keep telling myself that!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We can only get 120 and 150 bhp 147s in the UK, that's why I was just checking!! I know the natural colour leather - my wife has it in her 145QV!! I think it will look excellent with a blue outside.

Yeah I think that is the same colour. The only thing that scares me is that I ordered the colour of the interior and the outside colour from a coloured picture. So I hope i did the right thing. It is kind of exciting! But your picture has eased my mind a little

G

·
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong>
I had real trouble selecting the colour. Cause I think my current colour Azuro Gabbiano is the best colour for the car, but I did want to have te feeling I bought a new car, so i did not want the same colour. So I selected a colour that is rare...Do you guys think i made the right decision??</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Blu Casual is indeed a rare color in The Netherlands (I have a couple of pics on my site in that color). The combination of Blu Casual and Tan Leather is great and so are the other specs. The down side of the color is that you have to wash your bella very often (the dirt shows very quickly)

But too bad I don't have a De Best registered for the meeting yet wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't write me off just yet! frown

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mel Bonkers:
<strong>Jerry, so you're not the best :D Geintje!

Gefeliciteerd met de prachtige auto man! Ik zou ook zo graag een Edizione Limitata met Rode leren bekleding willen, maar helaas heb ik al een prachtige JTD Distinctive :rolleyes:

Wat is de uitrusting/motor/kleur interieur?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bedankt! enne 1 advies: ga niet naar de dealer want voor je het weet ben je aan het bellen met een financier om de deal rond te krijgen!!! En tja een JTD is toch ook wel een prachtige machine hoor. Als ik zakelijk een auto zou rijden zou ik zeker gaan voor de JTD. Wat een auto. Alleen tja voor particuliere rijders niet haalbaar. Ik rij slechts 6 tot 7000 km per jaar. dus tja</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">tja.... :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Well I drive a lease car, so I think I'm lucky! If it wasn't for the lease car, I'm affraid I couldn't afford an Alfa 147, since I just bought a house and that wasn't cheap either wink

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong>

But too bad I don't have a De Best registered for the meeting yet wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't write me off just yet! :(</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I won't!

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<strong>Yeah I think that is the same colour. The only thing that scares me is that I ordered the colour of the interior and the outside colour from a coloured picture. So I hope i did the right thing. It is kind of exciting! But your picture has eased my mind a little</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am sure it will be fine!! Behind the glass, the leather looks a bit darker, but I love the contrast between the light inside and the dark outside...
Post some pics when you get your car!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
[qb]Yeah I think that is the same colour. The only thing that scares me is that I ordered the colour of the interior and the outside colour from a coloured picture. So I hope i did the right thing. It is kind of exciting! But your picture has eased my mind a little</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am sure it will be fine!! Behind the glass, the leather looks a bit darker, but I love the contrast between the light inside and the dark outside...
Post some pics when you get your car!!

<hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok thanks 4 your pics. They look great. Thanks 4 making me feel better. I will sent you some pics when the car is here. Will probably be at the end of may before i get her though. Thanks again!

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LaTiNo156:
<strong>Hey! How do I know if I have a 105 or 120hp engine? It's a distinctive..</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a simple question to answer :D wink

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<strong>de Best is really my last name, so i can't do anything about that.

Ok here are the spec:

1.6 16v Twin Spark (105 bhp)
Blu Casual with Pelle Cuoio Leather
17" inch selespeed alloys
Connect Nav +
Alarmsystem (SCM klasse 3)

I had real trouble selecting the colour. Cause I think my current colour Azuro Gabbiano is the best colour for the car, but I did want to have te feeling I bought a new car, so i did not want the same colour. So I selected a colour that is rare...Do you guys think i made the right decision??</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi Jerry, nice to have you here among us at AO. :)

Nice specs you have here (even if I would, as I did, wink go for the 120bhp).

I think the color combination you got is quit nice. I like a bit of contrast between the interior and exterior... fire black and beige velvet :D :D wink So I think you got here a good combination.
Anyway, it's an Alfa, so any combination is good wink

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LaTiNo156:
<strong>Hey! How do I know if I have a 105 or 120hp engine? It's a distinctive..</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The 120hp version has antracite brake calipers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hugo147:
<strong>de Best is really my last name, so i can't do anything about that.

Ok here are the spec:

1.6 16v Twin Spark (105 bhp)
Blu Casual with Pelle Cuoio Leather
17" inch selespeed alloys
Connect Nav +
Alarmsystem (SCM klasse 3)

I had real trouble selecting the colour. Cause I think my current colour Azuro Gabbiano is the best colour for the car, but I did want to have te feeling I bought a new car, so i did not want the same colour. So I selected a colour that is rare...Do you guys think i made the right decision??</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi Jerry, nice to have you here among us at AO. :)

Nice specs you have here (even if I would, as I did, wink go for the 120bhp).

I think the color combination you got is quit nice. I like a bit of contrast between the interior and exterior... fire black and beige velvet :D :D wink So I think you got here a good combination.
Anyway, it's an Alfa, so any combination is good wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks a lot for making me feel so welcome among you guys. I agree that a bit of contrast between interior and exterior is nice to look at. So I guess it will be alright!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
[QB]Some examples from my site:
<hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok that does it! I am now officially no longer in doubt. IT LOOKS GREAT! :D :D :D

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.