Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW! :D

Gotta say im dead impressed...Been home about ten mins after setting off yesterday morning at 7am. :)

Covered a good 400miles in the new bella, and its fantastic! :D

So how do i sum it up? Well...

1) The engine.... My god for a 2.0 it loves to rev.... 3k through to 5k, 5k onwards, ubelieveable in comparison with my 3.0.... Its midrange and general performance coupled with being lighter feels as fast as the omega, which shocked me! Then there is the sound..... It absolutely roars! :lol:

2) The suspension.... For a totally standard car it feels perfect... Im used to uprated suspension in the MV6 and i thought this would be pretty wallowy if im frank...It feels tight, nimble and handles exceedingly well for what is a standard car!

3) Comfort... Ok so its not the armchair on wheels im used too, but everything is 'just right' on it... The angle of the instruments, the centre display, the radio position..... everything is just where i would have it, and it feels totally natural....Just 10 mins into driving it i knew where everything was.... Something i never quite achieved in months with the Omega...

4) The body/interior.... It feels very well made, the doors clunk with a purposeful feel, nice and heavy, not rattles and feels secure...The lines, the body, the looks, thoroughbred and meaningful, yet unique!

5) The brakes.... Soemthing im not used to being a Vauxhall man is some feel in te brakes....And my god you can feel them, nearly went through the windscreen treating them like my old Omega's the first couple of times!! They feel fantastic! :D

6) Crap loads of others, im just in bella heaven right now and loving every second of it!

Now, the downsides....

1) the remote doesnt actually work as a remote..... And its not the battery either! Bloody thing.....Plus only one key, so i might consider a new lock set to be on the safe side? Would you?

2) Those headlamps are shocking at illuminating the road! :rant: Zenon's i think need ordering asap, the difference from what im used to with the zenons in my omega going to these were frankly, scary! :eek:

3) The change from 4th to 5th or back seems very tight....unusually so, in fact it refused to change up or down in those gears a couple of times, yet others seemed perfect? Maybe not a good sign, but i have a warranty and i intend to use it if its something serious! Biting point seems high, but ive not driven a manual in quite a while, so not sure? :lol:

4) bloody heatshield rattle about 4.5k through 6k RPM... Is it the heatshield on the manifold or the under car heatshield thats common causing these problems?

Erm think thats about it.... Needs a good clean now mind, but i gotta say i love my bella heaps already! Proper impressed i am! :D

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Glad you're loving the car. By the way, what colour is it? I'm still hoping to find someone who bought my old 156 on here. It was a standard tourismo spec 2 litre TS 2001 model, in silver, with around 88000 miles on the clock. I sold it last summer so I guess it could have a few more on the clock by now. If you, or anyone else reading this, does now own it, I'd like it back please.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Its Rosso red i believe...the bright red colour...

Im not sure what spec mine is, log book just says 2001 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0TS Twin spark....So im guessing thats the spec so far... Mileage is 63500 ish now, as i drove 400 miles getting home in the end yesterday. With full history of course, and a fresh cambelt/tensioners etc etc before i collected it.... Though im still getting them done at 72,000, the Alfa people in Royston seem highly recommended so ill be using them i think. :)

I was loving it til i woke up this morning and some jealous chav has keyed it! :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts