Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really believe that we could organise some really good events in this area.

I have put forward a few suggestions which have a good, but limited, response

Now then - this is your chance to tell me what YOU want - all you have to do is tell me what you would like to see happening - and it can be organised.

What I am looking for is ideas which don't have to appeal to everyone from age 16 - 80 EVERY time. It could be family events, a track event, a meet for in a pub somewhere or whatever you want. Different events for diverse members are no problem.

What I can do is take ideas and make what YOU want happen.

So tell me........

Paul.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Not a massive response Paul, you know me, anything track, pub, along those lines. Am looking forward to the AROC day as mentioned before, but at the mo looking to my next track day, Snetterton again (well it is local) in the FTO.

Currently waiting to see how the 147 goes through the MOT...may need to think about something else after that as the trailer needs something bigger than the 147 to pull it...

Happy Days Neil

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm rather partial to a nice traditional pub, good food, good company, a warm balmy afternoon or evening, birds singing in the trees, perhaps a river slowly meandering by, the call of a fox hunting in the nearby woods, and the sun's rays sparkling on the paintwork of the Alfas in the car park.
Can you fix it Paul?

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm rather partial to a nice traditional pub, good food, good company, a warm balmy afternoon or evening, birds singing in the trees, perhaps a river slowly meandering by, the call of a fox hunting in the nearby woods, and the sun's rays sparkling on the paintwork of the Alfas in the car park.
Can you fix it Paul?
Oh Yes.

I'll arrange a date very shortly.

paul.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
As I've said before Paul, if you need any help with organising anything, give me a shout.
I'm up for most events, although only the cheapest at the moment due to other financial commitments, hence karting is unfortunately off for me at the moment!

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I've said before Paul, if you need any help with organising anything, give me a shout.
I'm up for most events, although only the cheapest at the moment due to other financial commitments, hence karting is unfortunately off for me at the moment!
No worries mate - I will call upon your previous experience of organsing things for car clubs in the near future. It is encouraging that you want to help.

Paul.

·
Registered
938 Posts
The 147 got an MOT with a bulb change and a tyre advisory, probably those 2 track days!!!

woo hoo :cool:

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 147 got an MOT with a bulb change and a tyre advisory, probably those 2 track days!!!

woo hoo :cool:
WELL DONE - always a relief when they get through. Maybe you could use the "advisory" tyres as slicks on a trackday?

Paul.

·
Registered
17,852 Posts
Hi Paul :thumbs:

I am up for a meet at some point, now the Spider is firing on all cylinders and if you don't mind an old timer turning up :lol: (car not me)

I will be watching with interest.

As for suggestions, well a (sunny) weekend is less hectic for me...weekdays fairly full, but would consider anything.

Where am I ? Furthest point west of Region, I would say: not far from Peterborough: an East Anglian rather than a Midlander.

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Paul :thumbs:

I am up for a meet at some point, now the Spider is firing on all cylinders and if you don't mind an old timer turning up :lol: (car not me)

I will be watching with interest.

As for suggestions, well a (sunny) weekend is less hectic for me...weekdays fairly full, but would consider anything.

Where am I ? Furthest point west of Region, I would say: not far from Peterborough: an East Anglian rather than a Midlander.
It would be good to meet up.

I will be organising something to the west of the region very soon - keep in touch.

Paul.

·
Registered
17,852 Posts
It would be good to meet up.

I will be organising something to the west of the region very soon - keep in touch.

Paul.
:cool: will keep in touch, Paul

When you say 'west of the region' where d'you mean? Coming from the Stamford area I'm on the cusp of 3 county borders - Rutland, Cambs and Northants.

Can I come? :)
Right near me :D

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Being from the west of the region myself a meet there would be nice.

·
Registered
39 Posts
im still up for karting paul and also most other meets ill keep an eye for anything going on i am interested about woodbridge and daresay ill be going .

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Ex-Oakham boy myself... leap frogged Stamford in my migration towards the spawning grounds of the North Sea. :lol:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Good stuff I am new to the Alfa forum so would be nice to meet some new people. I used own a Saxo and used to be in charge of organising the meets for Essex. We used to get around 20-40 cars which was pretty good compared to the 5-10 they were getting before I took over.

Lots of different things we did such as the classic Southend in the summer, to go karting, trips to the zoo, theme parks, nights out etc etc. The list goes on, if you need any help organising at all just give me a shout I will be willing to offer you a helping hand.

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good stuff I am new to the Alfa forum so would be nice to meet some new people. I used own a Saxo and used to be in charge of organising the meets for Essex. We used to get around 20-40 cars which was pretty good compared to the 5-10 they were getting before I took over.

Lots of different things we did such as the classic Southend in the summer, to go karting, trips to the zoo, theme parks, nights out etc etc. The list goes on, if you need any help organising at all just give me a shout I will be willing to offer you a helping hand.
Thanks Ricey - I'll be in touch.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts