Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...for salads :D

:lol:

We're taking to bbq away this weekend (well, it has been good and we hardly take it anywhere) and I thought a nice batch of salads all made up ready would be just the ticket to go with the burgers etc.

So - come on guys, give me some ideas :thumbs:

I'm just about to peel the spuds for a potato salad. ;)

·
Administrator
45,155 Posts
Salads? At a BBQ?

What you need is MORE MEAT. :D

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
PG, homemade coleslaw, you cannot beat it, so cheap and great with BBQ, had it last week.

1 red cabbage
1 large white onion
2 medium carrots
2 apples
Malt vinegar
Hellmanns light mayo

finely slice the red cabbage and onion on a mandolin (watch your fingers though!).
grate the carrot and apple on the large holes on a grater
add a glug of vinegar, and then add the mayo depending on the consistency you want. The ratio of cabbage/onion/carrot/apple can vary according to taste, but I would say 2 parts cabbage/1 part onion/1 part carrot/, and then add the apple to give a natural sweetness.
I don't use any salt or pepper or added sugar, but that is just preference.
I am getting hungry now, and we still have some in the fridge, so it could be a cheese and coleslaw sarnie on home made bread for lunch.
Excellent. :lol:

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Fresh green leaves, to include, home grown cress, spinach and the very small
delicious top leaves off beetroot, with scallions, beetroot, feta, olives, maybe h/b eggs and mayo.
Fresh crusty bread and butter:)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Salsa goes down well at a BBQ :D

Chop four big de seeded tomatoes into a rough dice then pass the seeds through a sieve to get the juice out of them, finely chop a medium red onion a bunch of corriander and season to tase :)

finish with the jiuce of half a small lime it's :p :p :p

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Salsa goes down well at a BBQ :D

Chop four big de seeded rats into a rough dice then pass the seeds through a sieve to get the juice out of them, finely chop a medium red turtle a bunch of carnations and season to tase :)

finish with the jiuce of half a small Alaskan squirrel it's :p :p :p[/QUO

Sounds rotten:wow:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Very simple but v nice............ tin of sweetcorn drained, some cherry tomatoes finely chopped, spring onions and orange peppers, also finely chopped with some extra virgin olive oil.

Very colourful and tasty - especially if you let it marinate for a couple of hours in the fridge!

Have a good time PG!

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Cherry toms cut in half, spinach leaves, cubes of fresh mango, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
If you want to turn it from a salad into a meal just add some shredded chicken breast.
Yum yum :thumbs:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't beat the classics:

Mozzarella, large toms(not tasteless watery ones. :tut:) , whole fresh basil leaves, olive oil.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts