Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
i wrote before somedays and no one reply to me :(
I want to buy blow off (pop off, dump valve) i dont know what is the exactly name for that valve for my GTV V6 turbo. But i dont know what type has to be... So please guys tell me if you know where to find it... Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
It's not really a type, BOV's and Dump valves are the same thing, you'll need to get a decent BOV, ideally HKS, buy the induction joiner which I think will be 76mm with the branch to connect the valve, then get some extra length of vacuum pipe, Shouldn't be more than an hours work, Look for NineOneSix, he's got a Coupe turbo'd GTV :)

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
Tbh mate I'd stick to the recirc that's fitted from factory or maybe replace it with a forge or Bailey recirc valve as they're damn loud and quite annoying after time. :eek:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply man :) So i want only to buy it and after that i will install when i will come back to my country. I just want to be sure that BOV will be compatible for my car and it will make great sound. I found this on ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...61567&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_6474wt_1195

and this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FREE...ccessories&hash=item19c78c0faf#ht_2857wt_1165

I think that this one from HKS will be ok cuz also has a whole set of parts like pipes and other stuff. What do you think?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also i forgot to tell you that i dont want to spend so much money on that.. i just want something with well sound and not so expensive also :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tbh mate I'd stick to the recirc that's fitted from factory or maybe replace it with a forge or Bailey recirc valve as they're damn loud and quite annoying after time. :eek:
So mate you want to say that BOV's from Forge Motosport is good? i saw at the web page and its not so expensive, but i still dont know which BOV is the right one... Can you please tell me wich one is the right for my car from Forge? Thanks :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts