Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi does anyone know a reliable person who could tow a car back for me from middlewhich in cheshire to irlam ive just bought a 156 off ebay but it needs taxing ..would be grateful if someone could help ...
thanks
steve

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
hi does anyone know a reliable person who could tow a car back for me from middlewhich in cheshire to irlam ive just bought a 156 off ebay but it needs taxing ..would be grateful if someone could help ...
thanks
steve
even towing a car on road still needs tax wheels have to be off road :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
thanks
steve
If you have insurance and the V5C you can tax it online, or just the number off of the V5C will do, wait a few days to colect as the disc will be deliverd to the current registred owner.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
il phone the rozzers in the morning and see where i stand on it will insure it anyway and go from there...
cheers guys

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Thats a Grey area many policemen i have asked arnt sure about this either.
technically its an offence ..... car on queens highway needs tax for it to be there.....insurance wise you dont need it to be parked on highway ..its when you move it ya need it so thats another issue unless OP got insurance in place for said vehicle and not his insurance as in his old car insurance covering him to drive other cars as this needs insurance for new car in force

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers its a bit of a mind field,i bought a car with no mot or tax last year and i phoned the police to ask the how i could move it legaly and i was told as long as the car has been booked in for an mot and insured i could move the car to the place of mot...

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
cheers its a bit of a mind field,i bought a car with no mot or tax last year and i phoned the police to ask the how i could move it legaly and i was told as long as the car has been booked in for an mot and insured i could move the car to the place of mot...
that is correct :thumbs: as the only way to get tax is to have a current mot and its direct from your home to mot station ..no deviation neither

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all you help and advice turns out the car is taxed they just didnt put it on the advert and to my suprise its got realy nice leather interior which is a bit of a result as i got the car £260 with 3month mot/tax ,all it needs now is the passenger side front and back door changing and ive rescued this 156 to fight another day..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts