Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Following my recent post about oil change, I have found my oil cooler has a hole in it & losing quite a bit of oil.
These seem to be expensive to purchase new £350+
Anyone have a second hand one for sale?
Thanks
Chris.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Bargain, I got the oil cooler separate from the pipes, then when I had it fitted the old pipes wouldn't seal. So had to get the pipes from alfaworkshop.
Think there was a parts place from Leeds that were selling a kit for slightly cheaper.
Think I got the oil cooler from alfashop.
Mine was a 56 plate, so I replaced everything in the years I owned it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a shame I've just sold one on eBay for 60 quid including the pipes to get rid of it ....
Typical just my luck lol Thanks anyway.
I'm self employed & with what's going on, I'm on a tight budget, So 2nd hand would be the better option for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If only someone had gone to the effort of finding a cheap used one and posting a link for you...
oh, wait :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
52 Posts
If only someone had gone to the effort of finding a cheap used one and posting a link for you...
oh, wait :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Your link is for INTERcooler (for cooling air which is compressed by turbo).
Big Chris is in need of an OIL cooler (for cooling engine oil) - these two are different parts for different purposes!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ah, they used the oil cooler Alfa part number for the inter cooler in the advert. Teach me not to look too closely at the picture.

Chris, its worth contacting listings on ebay that are breaking complete cars, there are a few on there. Hope you find one at a decent price

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HI All,
I finally got an intercooler from eBay after being ripped of By 1 person who took my money & never sent the item. (not through eBay)
Now the question is, I have an assortment of cooling pipes/ rads/coolers See pic's I've figured out most of them But I'm unsure what the last one is. On another post I done about changing Auto gearbox oil, I was told my car doesn't have an oil cooler for the gearbox.
So what's the last 1 for???
Pics 1 & 2 are from either end,
pic 3 is engine oil cooler & the bent pipe is for the power steering,
So the back rad is water next is the intercooler what's the nest one??? I'm confused.com LOL alfa rads 2.png alfa rads.png alfa rads 5.png alfa rads 4.png alfa rads3.png

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I’m surprised it doesn’t have a gearbox oil cooler, but there you go.

You should have water (radiator) air con (condensor), oil cooler, intercooler and PAS cooling pipe.

Can you highlight which one you’re confused about?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m surprised it doesn’t have a gearbox oil cooler, but there you go.

You should have water (radiator) air con (condensor), oil cooler, intercooler and PAS cooling pipe.

Can you highlight which one you’re confused about?
Hi Its the air con after following the pipes it goes to the aircon pump. Thanks anyway

1 - 14 of 14 Posts