Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm a week into Alfa ownership, and I must admit I wasn't the best advert for the GTV yesterday! :eek:

The thing is, I could really launch off the line in my old Eunos, so thought I'd have a bit of a try in the Alfa...oooops!

The heavier clutch, a much higher biting point, plus an extra 90bhp, meant that I treated passers-by to a huge chorus of V6 revs, but bugger all movement ... oh, and a little bit of an odd burning smell. Ever so slightly embarrassing.

There's always next time... :lol:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
if it makes you feel any better, I stalled mine yesterday, never done it before! :(

·
Registered
627 Posts
if it makes you feel any better, I stalled mine yesterday, never done it before! :(
That'll teach you to try and conserve fuel... you should always rev to the limiter before ditching the clutch :lol:

I nearly stalled mine the other day too but just caught it. It is surprisingly difficult to do compared to the old 1.6.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:lol: We all do that at one point :p
Glad it's not just me! I must have looked a right pillock. :)

She's going in to Duncan from Alfanet tonight for a good look over and a full service - I've heard nothing but great things about Duncan, and he's only a couple of miles from me (very glad to find someone on recommendation!).

Hammy - so far I'm good for the Weymouth drive. Hope the weather's like today :thumbs:

I've got a Castle Combe track day on Monday 11 August too - will hopefully get some nice pics.

D

·
0 Posts
Glad it's not just me! I must have looked a right pillock. :)

She's going in to Duncan from Alfanet tonight for a good look over and a full service - I've heard nothing but great things about Duncan, and he's only a couple of miles from me (very glad to find someone on recommendation!).

Hammy - so far I'm good for the Weymouth drive. Hope the weather's like today :thumbs:

I've got a Castle Combe track day on Monday 11 August too - will hopefully get some nice pics.
Yeah Duncan's a top chap, knows his stuff really well.

Are you coming to any of the local meets we have lined up mate?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you coming to any of the local meets we have lined up mate?
Absolutely - a bit busy at work at the moment, so I haven't really had chance to check out what's going on! Will have a peek this afternoon.

D

·
0 Posts
Absolutely - a bit busy at work at the moment, so I haven't really had chance to check out what's going on! Will have a peek this afternoon.
Brilliant. Well Hammy156 (Simon) is our regional rep so check out any threads he's started as they'll most likely be there, as well of course as the South West section of the forum.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I think we all stall the car with the clutch when we get our first Alfa, lent my 147 to a mate last year and warned him about the clutch, but he thought he knew best so he stalled it straight away :cheese: .

D

·
0 Posts
Mate, you couldn't do me a massive favour could you and get a price for some work for me off of Duncan?

He's a bit tricky getting hold of what with the fact he's always working and that.

I'm after a cambelt and tensioner change, water pump change and variator change for my 1997 GTV 2.0TS. I'd be having it all done at once to keep the cost down.

It isn't due for a while yet but I'd like to budget one aside for it.

Tell him 'Darren who brought in the silver Fiat Coupe' asked, he probably won't remember me but if you could get a price it'd be appreciated.

Cheers mate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mate, you couldn't do me a massive favour could you and get a price for some work for me off of Duncan?

He's a bit tricky getting hold of what with the fact he's always working and that.

I'm after a cambelt and tensioner change, water pump change and variator change for my 1997 GTV 2.0TS. I'd be having it all done at once to keep the cost down.

It isn't due for a while yet but I'd like to budget one aside for it.

Tell him 'Darren who brought in the silver Fiat Coupe' asked, he probably won't remember me but if you could get a price it'd be appreciated.

Cheers mate.
No probs at all matey - I'll PM you when I'm back online tomorrow.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
You should all ask tahir and darth vader about my blast off the line back in april...

Huge clouds of smoke and a very nasty smell + car not really moving either. :eek: :(

New clutch one week later. :lol:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Some more than other eh Hammy, :lol:

Those poor, poor boys... :(

:lol:
:eek:

:lol: :lol: So so funny! Man on moped too, :lol:

You should all ask tahir and darth vader about my blast off the line back in april...

Huge clouds of smoke and a very nasty smell + car not really moving either. :eek: :(

New clutch one week later. :lol:
What are you like...? :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts