Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the way that BT charge me a "payment processing fee" of £4.50 for not paying by Direct Debit.

I love the way that BT give me about two working days from the arrival of the bill in which to pay the bill. Thus ensuring that I cannot avoid the "late payment charge" of £7.50. Clearly another lever to try to force me onto Direct Debit.

I love the way that BT continued to charge me for Caller ID services, long after they quietly made Caller ID free for everyone.

I love the way that BT came to my house, damaged the internal phone wiring and then charged me £150 to fix it, after pointing out that it "wasn't their wire". It was their drill that broke it though.... and it was their engineer holding the drill at the moment that it damaged the wire that didn't belong to them.

I love the way that it's almost impossible to talk to a human being at BT. The automated answering machine ("press 1 for.... 2 for etc etc") successfully sending me round and round in circles for 20 mins.

I love the way that BT have a monopoly on my phone line rental, so that I can't rent it from anyone else.

I love the way that it's impossible to make a complaint about BT.

A truly class company. One that Britain should be proud of.

BT. I'm in love.

·
Registered
864 Posts
A truly class company. One that Britain should be proud of.
Yes I have to agree with you there, a totally useless company. I f****** hate them.

The thing that really makes me laugh is the total misnomer of their name... BRITISH TELECOMMUNICATIONS.

British? Don't make me laugh. You ring up their 'Customer Services' (another bloody joke) and get put in a half hour queue on a terrible line waiting to speak to someone in India that barely speaks or understands English and just reads off some useless script anyway.

Telecommunications? HA! See above.

Absolute crap. :mad:

I have had the misfortune of dealing with numerous inept organisations over the years but BT still holds the unenviable position of being the worst of the lot. BT: Britain's ****test company and no mistake.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
BT really are crap. I don't have a landline here, therefore avoiding all this hell.

BTW, this has reminded me I'm overdue paying my electric bill. Thanks!! :thumbs: :lol:

·
Registered
37,341 Posts
I hate BT too.

The only reason why I use BT is for the is for the internet. We don't have cable here and I need a phone line. :(

They abuse their position IMO.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
:rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
I love the way that BT have a monopoly on my phone line rental, so that I can't rent it from anyone else.
erm can you not get a phone through Sky? Full phoneline which doesn't require you to have a BT line rental?

·
Registered
349 Posts
erm can you not get a phone through Sky? Full phoneline which doesn't require you to have a BT line rental?
Think it depends where you are; I ordered Sky TV, Phone and Internet all at the same time but was told I needed a BT landline first as Sky couldn't provide one.

My whole sky installation was then delayed for 4 months due to lack of a BT line. During those 4 months I was in contact with BT daily trying to get them to install it. They set so many installation dates which came and went (me taking time off work) and when I phoned about the lack of an engineer each time they had no knowledge of the work order.

The problem was finally traced to the fact that Post Codes in my area had been changed from CB3 to CB23 and their system didn't understand the new ones. At no point did anyone tell me the system couldn't accept it, they just told me the engineer would be out. Sadly, I moved in 2 years after said post code change and had no knowledge at the time that such a change had happened.

Conversation with a neighbour about it, found out, new order on old postcode, I get a phone line the next week.

·
Registered
997 Posts
What I don't get about BT is how they ant their line rental in advance .Also I set up a direct debit they asked how much did i want it to be ! Then i found out i was in credit with them to the tune of £120 (I am not a bank if you want a loan go elsewhere.Why can't they just take the value of the bill on direct dbeit?

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
What I don't get about BT is how they ant their line rental in advance .Also I set up a direct debit they asked how much did i want it to be ! Then i found out i was in credit with them to the tune of £120 (I am not a bank if you want a loan go elsewhere.Why can't they just take the value of the bill on direct dbeit?
They can, you have to have the Whole Bill Direct Debit Plan.
Sounds as though you are/were on a Monthly Payment Plan. Should have been explained to you when you set it up.
Should be easy enough to change (he says.... ;) )

·
Registered
864 Posts
Should be easy enough to change (he says.... ;) )
That's right, a quick phone call to one of BT's bright, helpful, courteous, highly trained and polite customer services team is all that is required. :lol:

When you ring up ask for Lord Lucan, he works for BT's customer services in the Land of Lilliput... mostly he looks after the unicorns and Shergar the kidnapped racehorse but just tell him I sent you and he'll sort you out. :thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts