Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...the days are appreciably lighter for longer, the daffs are coming through, the sun's shining, and it's pretty mild outside...Is spring springing? :thumbs:

It'll probably snow tomorrow! :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
It's certainly a beautiful day here.... and yes, if you keep the
sun on your back you would almost think it was.... spring.

That is until I went to check on the ferrets.... their water bottle had
frozen since this morning. :(

Not that they've been awake since breakfast :lol:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lovely :) pretty flowers :thumbs:

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
Was a bit chilly this morning, brass monkey weather when I went out :eek: It's good to have a proper cold snap, kills off all the bugs from last year :D

V

·
0 Posts
Well it never hit more than 4C here today (bright but temperature-wise pretty chilly) but I have to confess, it's either been warm and cloudy or cold and bright so yes, I'd say we've definitely had a 'mild' winter this year so far :thumbs:.

V

·
0 Posts
Early days yet, we could still have a nasty cold-snap!

The coldest part of winter is normally the 1st half of February.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Early days yet, we could still have a nasty cold-snap!

The coldest part of winter is normally the 1st half of February.
true. But let's cross that bridge when we come to it :thumbs:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in Spain from 29th Jan - 13th Feb, I'm banking on it! :p :lol:.
:lol:

do you know something about the Uk's weather that week that we don't? :lol:

Which part of Spain are you off to, Max? (if you don't mind me asking)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ah yep, very nice :cool:

weather will be good late Jan/early Feb; nights and mornings a little chilly, but warm in the sun during the day.

Have fun :thumbs:

V

·
0 Posts
Well I'll be bashing me brains out on the bike most days, but there'll be recuperation too! :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I'll be bashing me brains out on the bike most days, but there'll be recuperation too! :)
Ah, I thought you might be biking it! I went there on a week-long mountain biking holiday a few years back. If I can find it, I think I still have the list of places we went to, but I know that the Alhambra was one, and a national park as well. Drat - sorry, my memory is not so good tonight for place names.

One image lives with me forever from that trip, however; at the top of a mountain, in a classic Spanish village with all buildings painted white. The most beautiful blue sky upwards, the sea a gorgeous shade of blue the like of which I had never seen before, and jet-black and smooth road beneath me. Mission? Race to the bottom of the mountain. Corner after corner, the speed just kept getting faster, in line with the exhilaration and the breathtaking views of the sea, which you could smell as you got closer to it. My bike's discs were baking hot by the time we got to the bottom of the mountain. If heaven exists, it would be that ride, that mountain, and that view, for eternity :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts