Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hard wiring my reverse camera as the wireles way is pants !
The video plug at both ends has a red wire for signal coming out of the back of the yellow plug . So being a bit blind as to how this works when the the back of the JVC car play system I have already installed in my GT has a reverse wire and a video access . Now in order to ascertain that this needs a full run of a trigger wire I thought I would try to test the system before I plug and wire everything in . So the yellow vid is in and I applied 12v to the trigger wire and reverse applied , hey presto and camera activated , and jvc also.
Since then I am told that since there are small trigger wires coming fro the back of the video plugs they just need to be connected either end without routing an extra wire......... fair enough so now the heter does not come on the drivers door buttons for the windows either and also the head unit .
I have found a 15 amp fuse blown and replaced this and still no joy , except its blown again ! Also the radio fuse is ok , saying that there is feed via the red wire tio the radio but nothing on the yellow signal. Diagnostis Multieuscan wil not communicate to any module . What have I done !
The fuse in question is F46 third from the left at the top of fuse board 57 , so what is it please , its not listed in the book.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Fuse replaced, but no indication what caused it and no change on JVC unit , no rear camera shown..
Assuming I am getting voltage from the reversing light , which I have checked. I have connected this to the small red wire coming out from behind the video (yellow) plug,, the female end which comes from the camera has the red power plug and the video out . So the reversing light feed is hard wired to the front and into the camera in slot provided at the back of the head unit.. There is also a small red wire out of the supply lead and so I connected this to the reverse wire labelled on the back of the unit..
I still have no reverse picture in the head unit
Has anyone hard wired there camera , help appreciated.

I have looked at avid on a similar hard wire set up with those red tails and becuse I am cutting into old technology for a wireles system I installed , I am ging to earth the system properly with a power male plug and see what happens . Unfortunately with trying for hours with the battery on ign , its died showing up all sorts of problems ! Now charging Battery !

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Further to this , it may help others if looking for help .The voltage wa down at 9v so I went back to the reversing light and the connection I used and made up a year ago, I made the joint up again and got 12V behind the head unit . Unfortunately I broke the pin on the video plug , probably while routing it to the front of the car!
I re soldered a new plug and trigger wire, so now My reverse works on camera only in AV IN and not camera in? I happier but not the way I planned !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts