Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it comes to th MiTo Technical Lounge. At the moment there is a rash of 'whats is your mpg' and 'I was expecting this and that, but I got' threads and posts. Most people are complaining, my MiTo is crap, I was getting better out of my old pushbike, whine, whine, whine.
So, I ask, why did you buy one then?
I have a diesel engine at present. I get about 50mpg. I do not expect to get anywhere near this when my MiTo arrives as I did some research. But what I do expect to get is a fun car, more enjoyable than my current jalopy. A car with a bit of heritage and prestige. All of which is true from what I have read and with what I save on insurance and road tax I should either break even of be slightly better off, taking the costs of a years motoring.
So I know what I would prefer. A grin on my face. To rediscover the joy of motoring after years of boring drudgery and if that means filling the tank up more often then so be it.
So you lot, stop looking for faults and moaning and just enjoy yourselves and yes I do realise that not many MiTo owners will read this as I have not posted it in the TMCT.

E

·
0 Posts
:thumbs:

I get 30mpg if I am lucky, but I don't give a rats ..... It's not what owning an alfa is about :D

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Well actually I am reading it.

And I didn't buy the car to give me a smile...I bought it based on the figures in which it isn't performing anyway near.

I do 60 miles to get to work and wanted a car with the same economy as my old car which on paper figures match.

Therefore I purchased based on the figures.

The fact that its a nice car just helped along.

If a car is going to get 32mpg then list it...dont bull ****.

And before anyone comes in saying cars never get the figures listed etc etc...

There are limits to the exageration...32 is 15 under what it should be supposidly able to get, nevermind that the roads I hit are more rural than anything.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
32 MPG does sound low. My 156 2.5 V6 managed 29 MPG the other day! Maybe it's because the Mito isn't run in yet, or maybe it has a fault.

S

·
0 Posts
The GTV gives me 25mpg if I'm lucky.

But hugely fun to drive.

Except when the clutch goes to the floor :eek:

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Well actually I am reading it.

And I didn't buy the car to give me a smile...I bought it based on the figures in which it isn't performing anyway near.

I do 60 miles to get to work and wanted a car with the same economy as my old car which on paper figures match.

Therefore I purchased based on the figures.

The fact that its a nice car just helped along.

If a car is going to get 32mpg then list it...dont bull ****.

And before anyone comes in saying cars never get the figures listed etc etc...

There are limits to the exageration...32 is 15 under what it should be supposidly able to get, nevermind that the roads I hit are more rural than anything.
Driving style:)

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I get anywhere between 20 and 30 mpg from my 166 2.5 V6 Sporto'. The ICS tells me I'm getting 22.1 on average, since I last reaset my ECU (about 3 weeks ago).

Frankly, that's flipping rubbish, as I used to get 23 mpg (average) from my 286bhp, 4.4 litre V8 BMW 740i.

But, I didn't buy the Alfa expecting good fuel consumption. I bought the Alfa expecting thrills, spills, and huge garage bills. :lol:

So far, I've not been disappointed! :thumbs:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I ment MPH
He knows you did. sirwiggum is a little tinker! :lol:

THE LITERATE APPROVE OF THIS DELIBERATE MIS-INTERPRETATION. IT IS BOTH PLAYFUL AND WITTY. THE LITERATE COLLECTIVE - CARING AND SHARING SINCE 2009.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
You know yourself that manufacturers do their MPG figures in stringently regulated conditions,
if yours is though doing 15 mpg under what it should it has to be either driving style or fault with the car
Well I spent a week driving at 60ish never accelerating too hard...really quite boring actually...and thats the result I have got.

S

·
0 Posts
I spent a week driving at 60ish and got several speeding tickets, GATSOs and various annoyed motorists and pedestrians throughout town.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Get the dealer to check it over for you :)
Really because others with the 95 are getting around the same figures.

It seems to be a general thing.

Dont get me wrong I love the car...but its costing far more than expected.

Im spending over £250 on fuel a month now.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I spent a week driving at 60ish and got several speeding tickets, GATSOs and various annoyed motorists and pedestrians throughout town.
Stop it, sirwiggum! People are trying to have a proper, serious moan about the fuel economy of their cars, and you're just spoiling it! :tut:

BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LITERATE COLLECTIVE. PROUDLY TROLLING SINCE 2009.

S

·
0 Posts
Stop it, sirwiggum! People are trying to have a proper, serious moan about the fuel economy of their cars, and you're just spoiling it! :tut:

BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LITERATE COLLECTIVE. PROUDLY TROLLING SINCE 2009.
Sorry just mucking about :lol:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts