Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...out on my 2002 GTV which has got better but is still not perfect, however when I went to put the door trim back on, before I screwed every bolt I thought I would check the elec windows and they do not work :wow:

I reckon fuses, but not sure why :mad:

Will take another look tomorrow, but wondered if anyone else has encountered similar?

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,370 Posts
Silly suggestion so ignore it if this is the case but did you reconnect the connectors to the Regulators ? Reckon you must have done but I occasionally do silly things and so...........

There is a 10 Amp fuse that supplies both windows so this is a first easy check. The manual doesn't mention a Relay but seem to remember reading that there was one ? :confused:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nige.

Connectors to the regulators? do you mean switches?

The problem seems worse than I thought, the window doesn't close that extra bit when the door is shut and the speedo / rev counter and odometer are not working (they still light up) unlike the temp gauge and the clock / fuel gauge which dont light up (clock stays accurate though):confused:

I will have a look at the manual tonight and try to figure it out.

Begining to wish I hadn't taken the wind noise into my own hands!!

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,370 Posts
Thanks Nige.

Connectors to the regulators? do you mean switches?
No, the connectors to the motor of the assy itself, but of course the same applies to the switches !

I wonder if you have disturbed the fuse box whilst messing about ? Might be worth having a look and check that all the fuses and relays are seated correctly.

Have to go out in a tic ( buy a bit of round paper for £195 ) but I'll have a muse to see if anything occurs to me.

Hope you manage to sort it, good luck.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I have a driver's side wind noise problem that I thought I'd fix by fitting a new seal.
Then I asked the price!
Then I put up with it.
Actually I have a theory that the factory hardly bothered setting the windows properly in the first place! Sorry FIAT-AR..are you sure? Anyway, there's now a permanent furrow in the outer seal that will never recover. I'm tempted to try injecting something into it to try to bring it out again.
Happy fettling. :)

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I've seen at least 2 GTV's for sale on the Internet, be it eBay or Autotrader, including one at a dealer that had a window proud of the body by enough to be obvious in a photograph.

I was messing about with a rear lens on a colleague's Megane trying to sort his brake lights and blew a fuse, all the tell tales went out on the dash. Fortunately it was just one fuse and I fixed it the next day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts