Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Rhino horn is mainly for Asian traditional medicine isn't it? The Chinese and others will pay big money for genuine Rhino horn. I wonder if they really know the situation and if they do how they sleep at night !

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i hate any cruelty to animals.....it makes me sooo very sad, myself and my daughter are currently involved with "SAVE THE BLOOD DOLPHINS"..a cove in Taiiji, Japan is used to trap and murder dolphins every year, the "lucky" ones get sent to Seaworld and other horrendous places where they perform in captivity for the rest of their lives after seeing their families stabbed and beaten to death.....

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=the cove&source=web&cd=4&sqi=2&ved=0CGMQtwIwAw&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KRD8e20fBo&ei=sREPT6O_I4y7hAfkh9CFAg&usg=AFQjCNEHGfJWbN6wkxE17sBWUxVFS_O5bg

i cnt watch this film as it is too horrific, i have seen a few clips and cried so much.....its not good viewing, i have bought the dvd as money is used to fund the cove guardians in trying to put an end to this yearly massacre, it happens in the Faroe Islands too.....the dolphin meat is full of PDP's and mercury and other pollutants but they sell it and have a huge stockpile.....watch the vid if you can....the whole film is on you tube

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Rhino horn is mainly for Asian traditional medicine isn't it? The Chinese and others will pay big money for genuine Rhino horn. I wonder if they really know the situation and if they do how they sleep at night !
Would they know if we just ground up a bit of cow bone ? :confused:

P

·
0 Posts
The Asians don't give a hoot about cruelty. They make me so mad. :mad: As for Rhino horn. How can it be traditional when Rhinos never lived anywhere near Asia. They are noted for small d**ks and take it to make them 'big' men. Fkin dopes.

They will serve fish at restaurants where the body is cooked and the gills are still moving. They come over to Australia in illegal fishing boats to fish sharks for their fins where they take the shark, hack off the dorsal fin, and then throw it back in to die in agony. They have also had a lot to do with tigers becoming almost extinct. The list goes on.

A pox on them and their barbaric 'traditions'. I couldn't watch the video because any form of cruelty just depresses me for days. :(

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
O.k. would they know if it was 'substituted' ?

P

·
0 Posts
O.k. would they know if it was 'substituted' ?
Hopefully not but given that there is 'honour amongst thieves' there is probably an 'honour amongst "suppliers of despicable products". Probably tests as well.

The product Tiger Balm that you can buy anywhere, used to have ground up Tiger bones in the ingredients until the World shamed them into leaving it out. They could have easily used any powdered bone in it but their 'honour' was at stake. Big deal.

N

·
0 Posts
Sadly it is continual challenge to protect many animals and marine wildlife in Asia, as other posters have stated, they just don't care or believe that synthetically produced derivatives can do the same job.

Last month I worked as a volunteer with Free the Bears at a Wild bear sanctuary in Cambodia looking after 122 Asiatic Sun bears and Moon bears.

The bears have been rescued from bear farms where they are caged so they can extract the bile from their gall bladder as well as shop owners and Politicians keeping them as pets

The poor bears have lived a terrible life, many with psychological problems, some missing limbs from traps, bald patches in their fur. The sanctuary provides just that, sanctuary from cruelty and are allowed to live their life with dignity in fantastic enclosures as they can't be returned to the wild.

I will most certainly doing more volunteer holidays with animals, it was such an enriching experience

P

·
0 Posts
Sadly it is continual challenge to protect many animals and marine wildlife in Asia, as other posters have stated, they just don't care or believe that synthetically produced derivatives can do the same job.

Last month I worked as a volunteer with Free the Bears at a Wild bear sanctuary in Cambodia looking after 122 Asiatic Sun bears and Moon bears.

The bears have been rescued from bear farms where they are caged so they can extract the bile from their gall bladder as well as shop owners and Politicians keeping them as pets

The poor bears have lived a terrible life, many with psychological problems, some missing limbs from traps, bald patches in their fur. The sanctuary provides just that, sanctuary from cruelty and are allowed to live their life with dignity in fantastic enclosures as they can't be returned to the wild.

I will most certainly doing more volunteer holidays with animals, it was such an enriching experience
Good on you. :thumbs: I donate to Free the Bears from WA on a constant basis and some of the stories are sickening. They put tubes in their bodies permanently to extract the bile. "Traditional medicine" rears it's ugly head once again. One of the fanciest hotels located in Thailand, (I think), has a bear in a cage next to the pool. It has been bleached from the sun and is blind. How jolly. :(

The only reason I would stay in that hotel would be to piiss in their pool every night and to wreck everything I could possibly sabotage. Horrible people. :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts