Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Never, ever found the previous model appealing. Appreciated the wizardry of it all but not by cup of tea.

Anyway, followed one through the City Centre yesterday, it looked muscular, aggressive and exotic. The noise was incredible - an amazing deep burble combined with an intoxicating turbo whistle and pop.

The conclude, it also moved like a greased snake. I want one - a supercar bargain!

So can anyone on here afford one or plan to purchase one?????????

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
cracking cars, though technically not a skyline.

previous cars were based on a pretty normal standard nissan, the GTR is solely designed as a supercar, no 4 door base models, unlike the old skylines.

·
Administrator
46,885 Posts
I'm the other way around - the old one was it's own car, the new one is just a 350 on steroids (in terms of looks this is.)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yes a future classic, can't think of many new cars that could touch it performance and handling wise for double the money of the Nissan. Top trumps 0-60in 3.5sec.

Most Alfa owners will look down on Nissan as makers of Micra and the like but 350Z, 370Z and GT-R are special, imagine if you could buy a comparable Alfa kicking on for 500BHP, stunning handling and all for £57K but with 8C style.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was the noise that was the best. Possibly one of the gruffest (I think that's a word?) and deepest burbles I've heard, in fact I heard the noise first and noticed the car second.

It sounded like Pace car from the races. Awesome.

And I stand corrected on the Skyline moniker, but in my defence it had something about Skyline owners club in the rear window somewhere. :)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
And I stand corrected on the Skyline moniker, but in my defence it had something about Skyline owners club in the rear window somewhere. :)
Probably ex ex-R32/3/4 oner that's still an active member of the club :)

I would also have one of these over a lot of far more expensive cars. The parts will undoubtedly be a lot cheaper than a supercar with the same performance (bar the gearbox).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts