Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi chaps,

I purchased an Arcam rBlink this afternoon and have successfully connected to it using my Nokia 625. I can now listen music / the cricket via my 150 year old Denon amplifier without having to get out of bed :D and thanks to the rBlink's inbuilt DAC :thumbs:, the music is of better quality than it would be if I used the headphone jack on the phone.

The downside is that I haven't got it to work with my laptop yet. When I turn on bluetooth on the laptop, it can see the rBlink but it doesn't seem to be pairing / allowing the information / music to flow - anyone got any ideas what I should / could be doing?

My laptop is an HP Elitebook 8470p, which is running Windows 8.

Edit, it's running Windows 7 Enterprise

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
I expect it is a limitation of the Bluetooth profiles that are pre-installed with windows. They are mostly focussed on HMI rather than streaming.

·
Registered
13,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks 100th, I will check the drivers when I next fire the rBlink up.

I have also realised that the laptop is running Windows 7 Enterprise, not version 8. It's my phone that's on 8.1. I assume that it will still be the drivers that I need to check though.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
You may be able to find additional profiles online. Not something I have looked at for a while but windows pre-installed Bluetooth profiles were not the most comprehensive

·
Registered
14,827 Posts

·
Registered
13,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your attempts to help, Idiot, I have downloaded a driver but that hasn't worked. If I have understood correctly, I would have to uninstall bluetooth and then reinstall it.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Quite possibly

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Could be a Bluetooth hardware compatability issue.

The HP probably has a mini PCIe bluetoothWiFi card
installed. Check which one. i've an Intel one lying around.

Or I'd just be tempted to buy a replacement bluetooth USB
dongle. They're pretty small and compact these days...

·
Registered
13,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter - is that what you're asking?

I might have to investigate buying a dongley thing, although my laptop is due for replacement in June (expect another random / confused thread around then...).

The irony here is that I work for a software company.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I have a Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter - is that what you're asking?

I might have to investigate buying a dongley thing, although my laptop is due for replacement in June (expect another random / confused thread around then...).

The irony here is that I work for a software company.
Jobs are meaningless. I work for a housing association but can barely assemble flat pack!

·
Registered
13,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I expect it is a limitation of the Bluetooth profiles that are pre-installed with windows. They are mostly focussed on HMI rather than streaming.
An update of sorts, work "retired" my laptop and I was supplied with two CDs, one to reimage it (which I surprised myself by not c*cking it up) and the second of the two contained a load of drivers, which I installed.

Summary, success! I can finally stream music via my rBlink :thumbs:

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Result

1 - 19 of 19 Posts