Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently tried to hire a set of cam locks without success. I have know purchased a set and knowing how difficult it is to get hold of them I am willing to hire them out. They suit 155 1.8 and 2.0 engines (also other alfas with same engines/cams)Contact me if you are interested.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Great offer! Gonna make this post a "sticky".

Perhaps it would be worth posting your terms for hiring, cost etc???

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sorry i couldnt help anyone with these tools i do have them but its a little different when lending tools from the workshop where i work than if i actually owned them myself... :( :( if i could i would. :( frown

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of asking for a £40 deposit up front and then return £25 less any postage once I have them back. Not thought about any other conditions yet because I am trying to help others out who may have experienced same difficulties as me. Once you have the locks rebuilding the head and timing up is a doddle, even for me (and I wear a suit all day)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone wants them email me at [email protected] since I do not check this site every day only when I need help. (every other day, arent alfas great)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Jack,
Sorry i could not help you before but what you are doing will be a great help to those who are scared of the 155 engine.
All i have to say is don't be scared ,if you get stuck ask someone ,as i needed to not to long ago and was amased at the amount of info i got back.
Good luck to you all and please don't forget those belts as there is no reason to dismiss them now.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
obsolutely nordic, there is nothing to be affraid of. As long as you have the time and alittle patience the top end of the engine is no problem. With the cam locking tools, changing the belts is a pleasure to do and is very rewarding. A job anyone with a couple of spanners an allen key and a couple of torx bits can do for under £50. You are right about the advice available here, Jimybob should be an honoury knight for all visitors to this site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts