Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not the herb either....

bloody fecking accountancy package....i hate it with a passion....

its the only program i now have that will not run on mac, it is slow, not user friendly (for someone who is not an accountant) and it seems every bloody accountant uses is and so demands that we do our books on it

SAGE I HATE YOU COS YOU ARE C:censored: P :rant: :rant: :rant:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I've looked at various (accountancy packages) and sage is virtually impossible to use, unless of course you are an accountant to use it day in day out ... I find the best thing for doing accounts is using a spreadsheet :thumbs:, everything is there to see, no hidden magic happening in the background ...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find the best thing for doing our accounts.....is an accountant....:thumbs:...:p
totally agree mate, and in a way i have created this issue as i like to see what it happening with the business and this is my way of doing it....

painful i know

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just use spreadsheets as well.

Although I did try a package called Mind Your Own Business (for Mac) which was better suited to bigger businesses than my one-woman band :)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
totally agree mate, and in a way i have created this issue as i like to see what it happening with the business and this is my way of doing it....

painful i know
The thing with accountants is one thing they're not is accountable ... as a director signing the accounts you are saying that you accept full responsiblity, any mistake and you (not the accountant) will have to pay so it is good to keep an eye on it ... :thumbs:

I just use spreadsheets as well.

Although I did try a package called Mind Your Own Business (for Mac) which was better suited to bigger businesses than my one-woman band :)
I used that for a couple of years, until I went back to look at some stuff and found that the figures had changed :confused: ... also can you be a "one-woman band", surely you're a solo artist ;)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Pokes head above parapet, looks around for movement, here we go:

I like Sage, particularly the payroll software. I find their support people incredibly helpful, and for a small business user, they organise everything in a logical way.
One disclaimer: I have worked in accountancy all of my life.

Retreats well away from the top of the parapet, and awaits incoming. :lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Pokes head above parapet, looks around for movement, here we go:

I like Sage, particularly the payroll software. I find their support people incredibly helpful, and for a small business user, they organise everything in a logical way.
One disclaimer: I have worked in accountancy all of my life.

Retreats well away from the top of the parapet, and awaits incoming. :lol:
*adds andyalfagtv to my ignore list as he quite clearly hasn't got anything useful to say being an accountant and that :p*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts