Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...who don't give up work when they win a fortune on the lottery :mad:

I'd give up work in a flash, I'd much rather be at home than at work any day! And if they can't think of anything to keep themselves busy when they have money in the bank then they don't deserve to win and should be forced to give the money to me! I'd find plenty to do with it and I reckon I'd be busy all the time and not miss work for a second! :)

Oh Please let me win the lottery, football pools, premium bonds, readers digest draw etc, etc

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
andrew.deackes said:
...who don't give up work when they win a fortune on the lottery :mad:
For some people work can also be a good thing. If you have all the money you could need, have no committments,responsbilities, etc. then whats to stop you walking down a fun path of self destruction like brittany and her mate paris. Got to say I would be tempted if I had the money.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
NO NO... let me !! :lol:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probusterrace said:
No. Let me win instead! :)
no way dude! :p You'd be bored inside a week, fortnight tops so you'd only have to give it to me anyway :D

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I think I'll continue working even if I win the lottery. People in my line of work have been known to pass away within 5 years of retiring. :(

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Mr grandad died within months of being forced to take retirement at about 87.

There was nothing wrong with him, he'd still be here now if he hadn't been forced out.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
One of our local Doctors retired and then droped dead within a couple of months:( :( .
I would love to win the lottery but i would have to keep doing something to keep myself occupied or i would get bored very quickly:)

V

·
0 Posts
If I win I would open a Alfa dealership and be nice to customers and do all repairs for free :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vantastic said:
If I win I would open a Alfa dealership and be nice to customers and do all repairs for free :)
might have to move to newcastle for the free servicing then!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Some geezer, a few years ago now, won six million odd, he brought a second hand Ford van and a new coat, what's that all about then!?!?!?! Why play if you ain't going to spend it!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Nice thought Vantastic:cool: . They say money doesn't change you - if you were warm-hearted or mean-spirited before, you always will be even if you won a load.

I used to be in the "keep working" camp whenever me and Mrs Jim dreamed of it being our turn to be lucky. Keeps you grounded, don't lose touch with what's normal etc while she was in the "stuff-work-I'm-off-when-the-cheque-clears" group.:cheese:

Then she gob-smacked me with an absolute killer argument (typical, bright woman:D ). It went like this:-

"You get stressed out for crap pay, you work fairly long hours, in a job where you do not save lives, you do not create great works of art, music, poetry or something which enriches your fellow man's quality of life. You do not have enough time to do most things you really enjoy. With money and leaving work you could travel (as opposed to holiday),watch the F1,cricket wherever it is on, afford to go to Old Trafford more, learn languages, read more, paint pictures again, restore a car, go on classic rallies and track days, build a kit car, learn to ski...and a million other things, so why waste your life at that job? And if, after a while you simply must work - open a nice little classic garage where you can enjoy the stock and not worry about balancing the books.":cool: I couldn't argue with that.

Unfortunately, when I was lucky enough to get a share in a modest 5+bonus ball win just over year back with three colleagues:D it was nice to have enough to pay for a reasonable kitchen which we'd planned to borrow for in 2006 but no way could I consider jacking it all in! Not that I'm complaining but I think the odds of me getting another win, and a big one are slim to none!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'd give up working right away.......then get a medium sized house, and concentrate on buying some awesome cars. First stop, the local TVR shop!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would pack in my 'industrial' job, and start doing the things I always loved to do, as a part-time job, like teaching guitar.......come to think of it, I might do it anyway in 3/4 years.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i agree why bother doing it if you aint gonna blow it, moneys for spending not saving, if they gave a good chunk to charity - fair play but they will probably sit on it, then die and hey presto the government claims it back

V

·
0 Posts
A big win would take your finacial worries away. After you've worked out how much you're going to give friends/family of course! Then a bit to charity. Then buy a nice house at home and abroad. Then work out how much you can afford to spend each year. If you like your job, do it part-time. If you don't, find a job you do like or work for a charity.
Winning the lottery won't make your life simpler, but you can use the money to ease stress and make the choices you want.
And as for sitting on your arse doing nothing? Not an option, you'll end up a drug addict with a load of hangers-on.

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
73GTVJim said:
but I think the odds of me getting another win, and a big one are slim to none!
Statistically, whether you won before makes absolutely no difference as to your probabilities of a future win :)

Keep playin' :D

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
VO2Max said:
And as for sitting on your arse doing nothing? Not an option, you'll end up a drug addict with a load of hangers-on.
Don't get me wrong Mr Max, I wouldn't sit on my arse and I certainly wouldn't be a druggy. Just I know how many other things I'd rather be doing instead of sitting here at work!:( I won't bother listing all the things but suffice to say I wouldn't be bored :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts