Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I've been stuck in the Midlands for six months now and what was a nice holiday let has turned into a man cave :(

Durty dishes piled on the sink :(

I'm the only one that even attempts to put the hoover round the place :mad:

Cobwebs all over the place :mad:

My room is the only one in the house that's fresh and clean ALL the Comunal Facilities are durty :rant:

One of the Durty Buggers attempted a fish pie tonight with a packet of cheese sauce and an ASDA fish pie medley and a pack of smash :rolleyes:

The whole house smells of fish FFS :rant:

I need to be out of here and in a nice clean house with Mrs HM :)

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Oh dear, and you were so pleased with the place at the beginning.......

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
why don't you all chip in and hire a cleaner for a couple of hours a week ?
That's a good idea.

I currently live in a shared house with three other mid-20s blokes. We're not overly messy but the culmination of everyone's life does result in a bit of a mess sometimes.
Fortunately, our rent covers a cleaner every month - I believe the cost to the landlord is about £37 every visit and the kitchen, living room, hall, stairs, landing and bathroom get cleaned and hoovered. :)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
And to think I nagged the wife this morning because she burnt the toast.:(: Guess being retired and having a size ten almost in that wooden box, has compensations after all:D :lol:

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Sounds like student digs Tony :eek::( Surely the rest of the guys dont like living in those conditions though :confused:
A cleaner seems like a good idea. Could be a way around the problem.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
I used to have flats that I let out, had 2 male chippies in one for 7 months.....when they left the flat was spotless. 2 girls in another flat for 4 months, the place was like a skip when they left....:eek:

Over a priod of 7 years the male tennants were far cleaner than female ones........:rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
People unused to living alone given free range:
The place is bound to end up a ****-hole.

Get a butler? ;)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Dont even start me on mess and cleanliness, im currently living in student halls. im the only one who cleans, i found a cucumber in the fridge from the 22nd of september, the cooker is manky,the sink is disgusting, its so bad at times i wouldnt keep a dog in there. i cleaned the other day and put post it notes everywhere telling people what needed done. it seemed to work, so get out the post-it notes HM

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
I like a 'lived in' environment, but your house buddies sound like mingers Tony :tut: :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Right the Gloves are off :mad:

I was working till past 7:00 despite a 6:00am start, when I got home the place was the usual sh*t pit :rant:

and guess what the two other Durty twarts were down the pub :mad: :mad: :mad:

I cleaned all the communal areas hoovered, mopped, bleached, dusted cobwebs and cleaned the fire.

cleared the sink that was an adventure :(
I had to remove the bloody U bend because it was blocked with grease :vomit:

the place is spotless :D

As they walked through the door laughing and joking I sat very calmly and waited for them to settle and :D

!!!!!! KABOOM !!!!!!

:rant: THE FIRST ONE OF YOU DURTY [email protected]*!£%&DS THAT LEAVES AS MUCH AS A TOAST CRUMB ANY WHERE IN THIS HOUSE I'M GONNA BEAT THE LIVING SCHIT OUT OF YOU I'M NOT PUTTING UP WITH YOU TWO PIGS ANYMORE :rant:

They both looked rather ashamed shuffled about a bit and decided it was time to go to bed :rolleyes:

If this out burst don't clear the air I'm gonna empty the contents of the hoover into their beds :D

and if it gets really bad I've got plans for the frozen Kippers in the freezer :thumbs:

BTW for every one that said pay for a cleaner not a chance you don't hire one to clean up after you at home so why do it when you're in digs :tut:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I'd love to have been a fly on the wall for that outburst!! Top Notch fella :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Good call Tony :thumbs: I would have done the same.

In fact when I was sharing a student flat it was always me who kept the place clean. I got so fed up that, after washing up a sink full of dirty pans and dishes, I sellotaped an advert to the kitchen cupboard. It read

"Washing Up Lessons Given.

Apply to Julie, Room 2"

I also took to retrieving my mugs from other peoples room, whether or not they were in, awake or alone :eek:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Funny HM, had similar in barracks at one period :mad:. So, linked up with a couple of other guys who were also scrupulous about personal hygiene, room and kit tidyness etc.

One had previously been with 3 Para. before joining our unit. So one night we tipped all the 'gungy gits' kit and bedding over their floorspaces. :thumbs:

We were then allocated a massive bunk room with just us three rattling around in it. Thereafter we were assigned the title of the three musketeers.:D Our personal weapons were always spotless too! :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
I'd love to have been a fly on the wall for that outburst!! Top Notch fella :)
You'd have been laughing your nads off mate I did the proper shouty thing and I'm quite fierce when I get started :mad: ;)

Good call Tony :thumbs: I would have done the same.

In fact when I was sharing a student flat it was always me who kept the place clean. I got so fed up that, after washing up a sink full of dirty pans and dishes, I sellotaped an advert to the kitchen cupboard. It read

"Washing Up Lessons Given.

Apply to Julie, Room 2"

I also took to retrieving my mugs from other peoples room, whether or not they were in, awake or alone :eek:
You're too far away to do our washing up :cry:

Don't you mean the gloves were on <--marigold's that is
Oi Nom Nom :tut: It's no joke :p

Funny HM, had similar in barracks at one period :mad:. So, linked up with a couple of other guys who were also scrupulous about personal hygiene, room and kit tidyness etc.

One had previously been with 3 Para. before joining our unit. So one night we tipped all the 'gungy gits' kit and bedding over their floorspaces. :thumbs:

We were then allocated a massive bunk room with just us three rattling around in it. Thereafter we were assigned the title of the three musketeers.:D Our personal weapons were always spotless too! :lol:
Zed that's the most annoying bit the worst durty B'stard is an Ex Tankie :(

You'd be ashamed of him :tut: :(

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Regiment,Name, Rank, and Number, HM and I'll report him to the association! :(: Make sure he wasn't a donkey walloper with access to tanks though, to quell my anxiety first will you?

Apologies Fredzeedex, all units had a few 'pongoes' though didn't they mate?:(:

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
I think he was 6th Royal mate.

Payne Richard R don't know his last three but he's over 40 and a proper durty b'stard who's old enough to know better :tut:

We had a few manky gets in the Sigs mate we just used to dump all their kit out of the window every time we got beasted for having a manky billet :D :lol:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts