Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a passion...

Every year the same old same old...
I ask the missus what she'd like for Xmas and always the same reply "nothing really" :confused:

Thinks I'm stupid, If I get her now't then there's WW3 waiting in the wings
and I spend the last few days run up to the day racking my brains what to buy her :rolleyes:

In 30 years I've only come up trumps twice with my choice of pressies, one of them
being last year which was one of them belly toning belts and a back massage pillow :thumbs:
Back to square one this year and Xmas fast approaching :eek:

Perfume is a :tut: Jewellery is the same, I've bought her every appliance ever invented
and most are still in their boxes unused :cry:

Come on AO ers what would you buy the awkward git :confused:(don't say an Alfa already done that)

C

·
0 Posts
How about a pamper day or a personal shopper for the day, I think Debenhams do them - big brownie points.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
iPhone / iPad ;)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
+1 I can see this working a treat :)
Yes, a big sign telling your wife that her dress sense is **** and you've paid another woman to show her how to do it properly.

Seriously, leave personal shoppers for the women to organise themselves if they want one...

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about a pamper day , I think Debenhams do them - big brownie points.
Don't think I could afford their premium rate, It'd take more than a day :lol:

iPhone / iPad ;)
No chance , she has trouble with the landline :rolleyes:

Sweetie bracelet from links with some personal charms
No, she don't do Jewellery unless she buys it or tells me to :(

+1 I can see this working a treat :)
For most laydeez :thumbs: Not this particular one :cry:

Was thinking about getting her some ar5e toning shorts to go with the belly belt :eek:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I'm buying Jan Nowt, not even a card :D

She's buying me Nowt, not even a card :thumbs:

The rational behind it, Jans words not mine.

"you buy me what ever I want all year round, Christmas is for simple stuff like the family round for the big dinner, please don't waste any money I'd sooner use it for a treat together in the summer"

Good enough for me :D

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm buying Jan Nowt, not even a card :D

She's buying me Nowt, not even a card :thumbs:

The rational behind it, Jans words not mine.

"you buy me what ever I want all year round, Christmas is for simple stuff like the family round for the big dinner, please don't waste any money I'd sooner use it for a treat together in the summer"

Good enough for me :D
We've had this discussion, and our Gerts words also :confused:

We both agreed, then we go out at the weekend for a browse and all the new clothes
I fancy she insists on buying me them for Xmas :confused:

So now all I've spent on her is 20 quid for some new gel pads for her belly belt :eek:
She's done 200 on me so far plus the bits she's hidden away that she thinks I ain't seen :rolleyes:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Ah there's the rub mate, Jan has really spent nowt on me she's promised me, so I know we will have no gifts :)

Takes the pressure off both of us, and this is the first year we've done it so I'll report back on how it feels :thumbs:

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah there's the rub mate, Jan has really spent nowt on me she's promised me, so I know we will have no gifts :)

Takes the pressure off both of us, and this is the first year we've done it so I'll report back on how it feels :thumbs:
And I the same, when I get out of the Infirmary :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
I hate most of the rest of it:

no health (ish) food for days,
people pretending to be all jolly when the rest of the year they do no give a damn,
crap music on the radio, shops (I hated BandAid first time round, it hasn't got any better),
takes ages to go to the shops and when you get there everything has moved
adverts eg that BBC one with David Jason that leave me nauseous
Michael fooking Buble who, like tinsel magically appears in December
Xmas specials of TV programmes that are crap to start off with
all the low quality made in China tat we give one another that costs a fortune but breaks by March
the Xmas No1 record, used to be marginally interesting once but now just a battle of the various marketing companies
what various celeb ar5e5 are doing for Xmas, eg Kerry bl00dy Katona on the front cover of magazines
the office party etc etc

I could go on all night, but I do like Xmas pudding, spending a couple of days away from work and time with the immediate family

but getting a prezzie for the mrs is still a PITA

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

people pretending to be all jolly when the rest of the year they do no give a damn,
crap music on the radio, shops (I hated BandAid first time round, it hasn't got any better),
all the low quality made in China tat we give one another that costs a fortune but breaks by March
the Xmas No1 record, used to be marginally interesting once but now just a battle of the various marketing companies
what various celeb ar5e5 are doing for Xmas, eg Kerry bl00dy Katona on the front cover of magazines
the office party etc etc

I could go on all night, but I do like Xmas pudding, spending a couple of days away from work and time with the immediate family

You just gave me an idea ... She loves Xmas pudding :D

In a nutshell ...You are bang on the mark :thumbs:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
And I the same, when I get out of the Infirmary :thumbs:
Not a chance of any tears or fights here mate, when my Mrs says no gifts, I'd happily bet the left and right one and a years salary there will be no gifts :)

the office party etc etc

I think years number one might be a bit different :)
I'm not going to discuss the politcal implications of why those lads are where they are
as far as I'm concerned it is an expression of love from loved ones that miss each other :)

Military Wives: Simon Cowell 'concedes' group will march to Christmas number one - Telegraph

·
Registered
296 Posts
Christmas is what you make it, surely!!

For me, I have to hear, 'Christmas Wrapping' by The Waitreses. Then all is well.

Did anybody watch 'Lost Christmas' with Eddie Izard?

Anyway, Christmas No.1. Should be Slade!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts