Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a recent journey from Birmingham to Tunbridge Wells I achieved 30.5mpg. Miles of pesky 50mph contraflows plus poor weather made me go slow.

This is so embarrassing.

I will try harder/drive harder.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Lmao hahaha love it! The thing is, if you try and drive normal you don't save much sp you may as well drive a little faster - but then you think f it, and drive a lot faster which eat fuel!

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
On a recent journey from Birmingham to Tunbridge Wells I achieved 30.5mpg. Miles of pesky 50mph contraflows plus poor weather made me go slow.

This is so embarrassing.

I will try harder/drive harder.
Love it! Call yourself an Alfista? :lol:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Know what you mean! Have achieved 32mpg from Haywards Heath to Findon (near Worthing) regularly!

·
Registered
277 Posts
aaaah you don't need to try hard with the 3l

5 up coventry to gatwick excellent average speed ( cannot print more ;) ).......29 mpg

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An update

Kent to North Wales and back over the weekend. Just loved the old A5 through Snowdonia in the early morning. Some great roads. Went into SPORT at Shrewsbury, plenty of fab howling V6 noises echoing off the hard stone valley walls.

775 miles.

I drove like a demented monkey. 27mpg. THAT'S MORE LIKE IT.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I remember just before I was selling my 166 3.0l that I came back from Loughborough very efficently (time wise ;))
acheived somethign like 20.1 mpg....

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Unfortunately, the eco-driving thing has been lost on me during these summer months. I struggle to get 25mpg on some days, although one day (when I was feeling under the weather) I did achieve 31 by driving slowly......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts