Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Was really dreading doing this job, but stage one is complete! I managed to remove the front anti-roll bar, but before I fit the new Eibach one that arrived today, I have a couple of questions that I hope someone may be able to help me with...

I did make quite a shocking discovery whilst removing the crossmember, and that was that one of the 15mm bolts that bolt through the crossmember (on the offside) to the floor was actually missing!

Secondly, the nearside handbrake/gear lever mounting nuts and bolts (I'm pretty sure that's what they are) were also missing!

I have included a photo illustrating what was actually missing and where. The red square shows where the 15mm bolt in the crossmember should have gone, the blue square shows where the nuts and bolts (and oval mounting plate???) should have gone.

I can get these parts from Alfa Romeo direct, the only downside being that I have to buy them in stupid quantities, like packs of 5 or whatever they were!

I didn't know if anyone was breaking a 156 and actually has these bits readily available, if anyone has, could they please get in touch as I really need to get the car back together asap!

Many Thanks,
Tony.

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
I not sure if they are not missing or not required - other members would be better experienced to answer that.

When I bought my 147 last year the previous owner lost the locking wheel nut kit so I had to remove the locking wheel bolts by other means. As I had destroyed the locking wheel bolts I decided to temp replace them with standard bolts, popped to my local Alfa dealer, he gave me 4 and didn't charge me a penny.

Wouldt be worth popping in to your local dealer and tell him what you need, if you do have to purchase more bolts than you need - they are just bolts, not gonna cost much anyhow.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I phoned the local Alfa delaership today and have ordered what I needed, and nothing was said about the minimum order quantities!

I had a look on ePer, and for anyones' reference, the bolt that I have highlighted in the red square is actually the same bolt as what is used to bolt the suspension arms to the cross member (the small ones) - 60655491 - which I have a few spare lieing about!

Going to start putting it back together today, so wish me luck. It's gonna be a pig of a job I think!

·
Registered
426 Posts
How have you got on with the re fitting? I may have to do this myself in the future so any tips I'd be gratful.

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
The bolts that you show in the "box" are securing the undertray to the crosssmember - nothing (directly) to do with the handbrake - although the handbrake bolts onto the undertray.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have refitted it now. To be honest it's not the easiest job in the world. There is a guide on how to do it, but I am sure everyone has their own ways on how to do it. I personally took the complete crossmember out, fitted x2 new wishbones to it and the new anti-roll bar, then raised the crossmember on a jack and bolted it back on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts