Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just lately I seem to have developed an uncanny knack for stumbling across unusual classic cars whilst out on my travels.

I thought I would post a few pickies of one I came across today after I went to a property to install an aerial on the owners house.

The house was in quite a dilepidated condition and and the last thing I expected to see was a rare classic sports coupe in near perfect condition.

He let me in through his garage and I was gobsmacked after seeing this. (pics below).

It is a 1972 AC 428 Frua. It's got an american 7 litre engine, a british built chassis and with a body designed and fitted in Italy before it was shipped back to England to have the engine and trim installed.

It has just been renovated by the owner who told me it is one of only 81 ever made.

AC 428-1.jpg

AC428-4.jpg

AC 428-2.jpg

AC 428-5.jpg

The owner was kind enough to let me sit in it and drool for 5 mins. :D

Hope you like the pics.

Recently I was lucky enough to get some pickies of my Alfa next to a 1929 Bugatti too.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:cool: Don't apologise it looks the dogs :thumbs: you lucky sod ;)
:D I feel royally guilty posting these pics again :cheese:

alfa penzance 007.jpg

bugatti-spider-1.jpg

It was a 1929 Bugatti type 37 with a 3.2 litre straight 6. Found in a barn and totally restored by the driver.

Beauuuuuuuuuutifull :thumbs:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I saw a karmann ghia in beautiful condition at the weekend, its one of the prettiest cars ever made in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts