Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home from work last night and i had to brake hard on the motorway, it was a proper emergency stop, my hazard lights went on, then off automatically to warn other drivers :wow: I never knew my car did this! I was soooo tempted to do it again just see it :cheese:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was driving home from work last night and i had to brake hard on the motorway, it was a proper emergency stop, my hazard lights went on, then off automatically to warn other drivers :wow: I never knew my car did this! I was soooo tempted to do it again just see it :cheese:
Yup, standard safety feature as part of the VDC(Vehicle Dynamic Control). Skip to this in your manual where it explains about a raft of other features under VDC. :thumbs:

M

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yup, standard safety feature as part of the VDC(Vehicle Dynamic Control). Skip to this in your manual where it explains about a raft of other features under VDC. :thumbs:

M
Had it in my last 3 cars (my GQV included) in none was it working as bad as in the G. It has been setup to be oversensitive and the result is that every time I drive fast somewhere I might have it pop up once or twice without any emergency happening :( .

·
Registered
279 Posts
Spooky! This happened to me last night too - hard braking to avoid going through a traffic light (with camera, otherwise I would have hit the accelerator instead).

I was going to put up a post, but decided against it (in case someone said it was a wiring fault!)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I've had it on my first day when driving from the dealer on motorway :). Magazines (and Vulgi, obviously) say it's too sensitive, but seems to be fine with me considering my way of driving.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've had it on my first day when driving from the dealer on motorway :). Magazines (and Vulgi, obviously) say it's too sensitive, but seems to be fine with me considering my way of driving.
For normal driving and none brembo versions it is. If you have the brembo's that are able to create way greater negative acceleration it is indeed too sensitive. The sensor that triggers the flashing is a simple acceleration sensor (the same probably the airbag's use) that when negative acceleration exceeds a specific limit, they pop up.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I found out Sat that you don't need to apply the handbrake on a hill. It does it its self. Brilliant

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
For normal driving and none brembo versions it is. If you have the brembo's that are able to create way greater negative acceleration it is indeed too sensitive. The sensor that triggers the flashing is a simple acceleration sensor (the same probably the airbag's use) that when negative acceleration exceeds a specific limit, they pop up.

I have the Brembos and it popped up only just that once. And in this case I'd call it a bit of emergency braking (not too much, maybe it was slightly too sensitive, but I prefer the others to get annoyed than to have them parked in this sweet rear end of my Alfa). Will observe further but for the moment it's OK with me.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have the Brembos and it popped up only just that once. And in this case I'd call it a bit of emergency braking (not too much, maybe it was slightly too sensitive, but I prefer the others to get annoyed than to have them parked in this sweet rear end of my Alfa). Will observe further but for the moment it's OK with me.
I didn't disagree on that. Nothing really bad will happen by popping the alarms up once in a while without really needed, just saying its a bit too sensitive.

T

·
0 Posts
Have anyone pressed the unlock button on the keyfob to unlock the G, and then kept it depressed for 3-4 seconds more? ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Is that the windows thing? Try doing the same thing but locking it when the windows are down

1 - 13 of 13 Posts