Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my 156 2.0 TS SW, all seems good, runs great, been looked after but I have a problem with the rear windows - namely they don't work! I have sprayed some silicone to both rear windows and the drivers side works now - still no joy on the passenger side, is it likely to be the window motor? - I can hear a clicking from the switch but no motor noise. If so anyone got a motor and regulator they are willing to part with?

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I've got one (possibly 2 - can't remember which I sold!) from a saloon, which should fit (I think) :)

You could try disconnecting the door loom connector (visible when the door is opened), checking the pins for corrosion and reconnecting first though.

Also try operating the passenger window while winding another one up or down with the engine off. If the one that's moving slows down, then the motor's getting volts but the mechanism is stuck somewhere...

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
I've got one (possibly 2 - can't remember which I sold!) from a saloon, which should fit (I think) :)

You could try disconnecting the door loom connector (visible when the door is opened), checking the pins for corrosion and reconnecting first though.

Also try operating the passenger window while winding another one up or down with the engine off. If the one that's moving slows down, then the motor's getting volts but the mechanism is stuck somewhere...
The Sportwagon rear mechanism is different from the saloon...the motor itself is probably the same, though, and the motor can be changed if the mechanism is OK. Sportwagon rear windows seem more prone to sticking than saloon - I think the larger glass area provides more opportunity for "stiction".

I may have a sportwagon mechanism available...need to check.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
The Sportwagon rear mechanism is different from the saloon...the motor itself is probably the same, though, and the motor can be changed if the mechanism is OK. Sportwagon rear windows seem more prone to sticking than saloon - I think the larger glass area provides more opportunity for "stiction".

I may have a sportwagon mechanism available...need to check.
Ahhh... I misread it. Though it said the rears were now ok and the (front) passenger one was stuck :rolleyes:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easy mistake - my english no so good :)

Any advice on door cards? - My old focus was easy to take them off but I seem to be a little stuck trying to get these ones off.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have you checked whether they just need re-setting or not if the motors still work. Just try holding each electric window button down for ten seconds and re-try.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Easy mistake - my english no so good :)

Any advice on door cards? - My old focus was easy to take them off but I seem to be a little stuck trying to get these ones off.
Remove switch panel - couple of hex bolts under there.
Remove speaker grill and speaker - couple of screws under there.
Remove grommet thing behind inside door handle, undo screw in there.

Think that's all... Prise door card off gently. It pops on and off with popper things...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Dont forget that there is switch on the drivers window switch pannel that disables the rear windows !!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whilst I have been known to make childish mistakes I did make sure I hadn't locked the rear windows! - I always check that now after going for weeks with my wife complaining her windows didn't work on her mr2 and then discovering she had pushed the lock window switch! :lol:

Anyway will let you know if it is just stuck, I have lubricated it but need an extra pair of hands to push at the same time.

Thanks for the door card info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts