1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Over a year, really wow. Must be something really wrong. The mileage is low, body looks clean.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
thing is..

Audi TT 2.0 TFSI Sport 3dr its a bit more expensive yes but a private sale that no doubt will end up going for 11k.

sorry for posting an Audi but for most people given the choice..., the Alfa is about £1500-2000 over priced..as much as I love it it's still got swirl flaps ,crap stock suspension and rubbish front calipers.

I would buy one at half that price spend 3k on it and end up with a much better car.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
It's a nice one for sure...

Lovely colour, factory Xenons, sport button, Blue&Me etc... But OEM everything.. All those original rubber hoses are gonna be ready for replacing, still costs the same to maintain as a £3k GT, Swirl Flaps need sorting as Joe says...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Lovely colour, factory Xenons, sport button, Blue&Me etc... But OEM everything.. All those original rubber hoses are gonna be ready for replacing, still costs the same to maintain as a £3k GT, Swirl Flaps need sorting as Joe says...
It sounds like your not taking the low mileage into account or are you?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Would you get a 3K GT in as good nick. Also not sure how many 170 GT are left.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thing is..

Audi TT 2.0 TFSI Sport 3dr its a bit more expensive yes but a private sale that no doubt will end up going for 11k.

sorry for posting an Audi but for most people given the choice..., the Alfa is about £1500-2000 over priced..as much as I love it it's still got swirl flaps ,crap stock suspension and rubbish front calipers.

I would buy one at half that price spend 3k on it and end up with a much better car.
Joey, can't believe you posted a TT on here.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The number plate has some residual value too.
Yep, the number did catch my eye. I'm surprised it's been on loveAlfa for so long as I do log into their site every so often to see what they have..

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Hoses, I've had mine nearly a year it's clocking 60k miles my hoses are fine or should I change them now. What could go wrong with my hoses that I need to pre-empt?
Would you get a 3K GT in as good nick. Also not sure how many 170 GT are left.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
It sounds like your not taking the low mileage into account or are you?
Buy on condition not milage, time takes it's toll on the rubber components just as much as milage does!

The engines are robust... Get the EGR/Flaps sorted and change the oil every 6k, and the engine will easily out-last the rest of the car.

As for a £3k GT.. Sure you won't find a 170 in good nick for 3k, but you can get a decent JTDm for 3k... Maybe stretch to £4-5k and get a lovely Blackline in top form...

Send it to Autolusso and spend £3-4k with Ned, and you'll end up with a better car and at least £1-2k in your pocket compared to this £10.5k Clover..

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Agree completely with the Editor..

Thats the way to go with these,you can now get a blackline for 3k. ..might be 100k on it but that doesn't matter provided the underside is rust free and the bidywork is clean.

Spend 3-4 k on it and it will be immense.

Hybrid turbo and remap ,suspension and arb's ,quaife diff,swirl flap and egr delete,de cat down pipe and if you can stretch to it a GTA brake upgrade.

Job done.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Agree completely with the Editor..

Thats the way to go with these,you can now get a blackline for 3k. ..might be 100k on it but that doesn't matter provided the underside is rust free and the bidywork is clean.

Spend 3-4 k on it and it will be immense.

Hybrid turbo and remap ,suspension and arb's ,quaife diff,swirl flap and egr delete,de cat down pipe and if you can stretch to it a GTA brake upgrade.

Job done.
Nearly there with mine swirls and egr done, hybrid turbo (turns it into a different car) brakes and suspension next. I may have spent a little too much but it's only worth as much as you'll pay (right). I do agree on the work done by Ned, really happy with his attention to detail and work on my GT to date.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts