Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for a thousand years like 2010 ... that was unusual:)

and from the arctic or Siberia ... it felt like another ice age

... but do you think it might happen sooner:confused:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Hi, Mr.Quinn

With my old bones,
I hope not,
does not bear thinking about,
All those OAP`s huddled in their homes.
Though deep down I think so,
Snow,Ido not like.

John tL.

M

·
0 Posts
I hope it stays mild......so far this winter I've got away with just having the heater set to 'low', and it only went on in November.

A separate heater in the lounge hasn't been used at all this winter:D

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I was born in 1950 in the Midlands. Around here the bad winters and certain snow falls stick in the memory. 1963 was freezing for months, 1981 was similar to 2010. Massive snow falls in feb 1969 and nov 1990. My feeling is that, yes we will see another winter similar to 2010 in the foreseeable future. I hope it's a long time coming and I'm around to suffer:lol:

Of course in the North they wonder why we go wittering on about it because they get it every year.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
We have 30 year cycles, and 150 year cycles, etc, etc

It's been too mild so far....
The truth is that the scientists don't really know a anything certain about weather patterns because the records don't go back far enough to give any certainty. The only thing that is certain for me is that global warming is all a load of tosh. Those poor polar bears.:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
23,040 Posts
I was born in 1950 in the Midlands. Around here the bad winters and certain snow falls stick in the memory. 1963 was freezing for months, 1981 was similar to 2010. Massive snow falls in feb 1969 and nov 1990.
I was born two years later and remember similar winters - and I live in the South. We just accepted that it snows in winter and it was no big deal - inconvenient, yes, remarkable? no.

We have all gone soft, tbh 2010 was pretty average.

M

·
0 Posts
On a weather related topic, the winds are coming back tonight:rolleyes:

50-60 mph gusts.........hopefully the rubbish in the wheelie bin will weigh it down and I wont find it heading towards poor Maud's bodywork again.

M

·
0 Posts
At least in the 'good old days'... we never had forecasts that could be relied on....

unlike theses days with their computers :lol:
That's actually a very good point GJ......as daft as it sounds, I do 'fret' a little regards the weather, particularly the wind. There's nothing I can do about it, and without particularly accurate sites such as The Met Office and Acc Weather .com, I wouldn't know what was coming ,so I wouldn't fret:lol:

I should delete them from my browser:eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts