Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a wedding in Northamton at the weekend, traveled down from Liverpool on Friday night and all went well. Sat morning the day of the wedding having offered to give some guests a lift, all in the car and the bloody thing wouldn't start. it was turning over but as if no fuel was getting to the engine. Sunday morning went out to try it and it started lukily, the only thing i can think of is the lamda sensor.

Does anybody have any other ideas? Anybody know of a cheap supplier for a lamda sensor?

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotta agree, never had problems starting with bad oxygen sensor.

First guess would be fuel pump as you have already touched on it, apart from that its check the rest of the fuel/ignition system.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think chris hughes had a similar fault something to do with relay power supply,

any ideas chris.??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was it a hot day??

i've had this a couple of time when it's really hot... it's like the fuel evaporates in the fuel line... after you've tried turning it over for a while... leave it for 20 mins or so then it just fires up no probs...
only had this twice so far tho... but my mates 155 happened about 10 times.
It only seem sto affect me when i'm running low on fuel.. like there's not enough pressure to keep the fuel lines filled or sommit... i dunno :)

:D

j

J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have mentioned this on Alfaowner.

Had the same problem myself years ago. When engine is hot and left for a while the fuel evaporates causing a vapour lock in the fuel lines.

If the pump is old(worn?)then it does not have enough pulling/sucking power to get the fuel through.

As everything cools down so the evaporated fuel condenses elliminating the vapour lock.

Worn pump now has enough power and therefore the engine will start.

Not saying i am right but it worked on my old Nissan (stop laughing!!!)

Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the replys,

I've got to the route of my problem, the car was cold as it had been left overnight. Anyway a while back i damaged one of my coil packs etc and have never changed it just run it as usual, i had a look and could hear the coil as if it were arking. This seems to be the problem and i need to replace them anyway. I may have found a cheap supplier of electrical componets....if i get them will let you know.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts